Taylor Swift only

Ningning tsks with annoyance, pushes off from the edge of the table causing the gaming chair to slide back until eventually sticks its wheels into the end of the bed. She has a small room, or rather, half of the originally quite big room, which, thank the goddesses, was separated from the other part by a horrible curtain originally intended for the bathroom. Not that great, of course, but welcoming what she has, it's not that bad either. It's not that Minjeong bothers her a lot (it's just a vice versa situation to tell the truth, and Ningning admires her roommate, to be honest. Very much. It must be unbearable to fall asleep with a "fuck ye-eah" and wake up with "oh, fuck"), but personal space is always good, even if it is so flimsy and outlined with a curtain with moronic cartoon fish that doesn't really look that fishy... More like fish-ish, huh. Someday Ningning will definitely replace this curtain with something decent, or better – she'll move out to a separate apartment. In the meantime, it's not bad.

The headphone wires in length are enough exactly for the distance from the table to the bed, plus leaning the chair's back – by a long stretch of the imagination. The wire is stretched when she lifts her arms up to stretch her back. Her back crunches. Chair's back's crunching in unison. Ningning winces at the rustle of a cheap headset right in her poor ears.

Playing without a pre-assembled team is just terrible, to be honest. She wants to throw the controller against the wall from time to time — for example, right now, when huge letters of evidence of a fatal defeat soundly float up on the screen. For whatever time in a row this evening she loses with a bang. It's not even her fault, if you analyze the moves, the idiot who, despite everyone's requests, didn't change the ranged weapon to a cold one, stupidly screwed up the whole game. Sometimes Ningning really regrets that she never made friends who would also be fond of online games, because playing with random teammates who obviously do not reach her level... Well, this is just her own personal brand of cyberbullying, seriously.

Of course, there is always an option to play solo, but that's not it. It's all wrong, because playing in a team is the whole meaning of playing in general. To tell the truth, she's just been trying to find a permanent partner for whole this time, because it's cool — it's cool to play with friends. That's what games are really fun by.

Ningning moves back to the table with awkward pushes of her legs to check if she has been assigned to a new team yet. Socks slide on the floor.

One player joined the team so far.

Playing with voice chat is so stupid. It's convenient, yes, but all the questions really fucked up. And all these wannabe-professional players who, in fact, do not represent anything, thinking that if she is a girl —her voice is still pretty recognizable, no matter how low it seems through the microphone — then they need to either insult, or hit on her, or first hit on and then insult — after refusal.

Ningning corrects the microphone, placing it in front of her mouth — at least, she tries, it is attached to the headphones very badly, so constantly moves lower than necessary, from which the sound deteriorates even more than it usually happens in conversations with mom on WhatsApp.

"I need to win at least one round today, so I hope you're ready to get all sweaty," she says instead of greeting.

Ningning waits for an answer, and then finally squints at the translucent chat window that has appeared in the corner of the screen.

megaladonteethsharp

Same

The message is in English. It's not that she doesn't understand English, but it's a bit strange – Chinese guys come across usually. Anyway, chat? It's all fucking awesome, but maybe voice, please?.. The last time she played with chat, it ended up badly — as all the rounds always end, when people spend more time on letters than on the game. Moreover, looking at the chat with one eye, and at the movements of other players with the other, distracts and exhausts as hell. Okay, the main thing is to have fun, right? Well, then she'll try to do it at any cost.