𝐈. 𝐒𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐬

《 •·✧ 𝐁𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 ✧·• 》ACT I                            CHAPTER I( sadie harris )

ACT I                            CHAPTER I
( sadie harris )

SADIE HARRIS WAS a troubled kid, from the moment she was born, mischief ran through her veins. It was ironic really, her father whom she didn't know, was the exact opposite. He was Americas sweetheart after all. And although she took pride in her careless actions, she often wondered that if her incompetent father actually raised her, she maybe wouldn't have turned out a failing student, or a thief for the matter.

She wouldn't have to live for the thrill, or rely on adrenaline for happiness. Maybe if she had a father figure present, he would've had the chance to stop her habits of self destruction before it was too late. Before nights spent partying sent her spiralling into a series of drugs and alcohol. Before Sadies only boost of serotonin was winning a fight.

But while fantasying of a world much better than the one she currently lived in sounded good, demonising it seemed much better. Instead of creating a fake illusion of childlike happiness and purity, producing one of terrible lies and disturbing truths was as realistic as it got for a young Sadie Harris.

Her mother, who was supposed to stick by her side no matter the circumstances. Didn't try to face the wrath of her daughter. Or stop the fake image she'd created of her very father. Because frankly, Taylor was as much as a coward as Sadie was a reckless teenager.

So while Sadie was off drowning herself in illegal substance's, Taylor was letting guilt eat her alive. Focusing on her newest boyfriend rather than a child she was supposed to care for. Hoping that one day, the memory of a mistake she'd made would soon erase itself in due time.

Although her wish was never granted, she pretending it was. A now 17 year old Sadie was nothing but a lost cause in Taylor's eyes. Her pasts mistake, and a memory of what she couldn't have. And Sadie had experienced that first-handedly for the past 3 years. She'd lived through the pain of watching a mothers love disintegrating until it was about as small as a grain of sand.

Even creeping up the stairs of a fire escape, which held the window to her bedroom. She doubted Taylor would even care if she found out Sadie had attended a party 30 minutes prior.

It was Sunday morning, 3:30am to be precise. New York was still buzzing with life, lights illuminated the night sky, which had originally been a pitch black. The alley that her window faced was dingy, as was the overall area. Covered head to toe in graffiti art, trash cans littered the ground intoxicating the alley further.

Sadie grunted, slipping on one of the stairs clearly intoxicated. The blonde stumbled once she reached her destination. The outskirts of the glass window chipping with painted wood, not secure the slightest.