A Visit from Hecate

3rd POV

Percy looked up at Zeus, a look of defiance written on his face.

"Percy....you dare to refuse my gift for the second time?!" Zeus yelled, his face red with anger.

 "Yup." Percy said as though he couldn't care less about Zeus' wrath. 

Annabeth looked at Percy, and sent a warning glare, reminding him not to step over the line. Even though Percy just helped with a war for the gods, she new Zeus wouldn't be above trying to get Percy killed again.

Percy could see that Zeus was about to speak, and quickly thought of something to interrupt him.

"Y'know, we could just do the wishes again, it seems like a pretty good alternative to me. Besides, I don't think you really wanna deal with me for the rest of forever. You've barely been able to keep from bursting during the measly five years you've known me!" Percy said, a mischievous expression on his face.

Zeus looked almost ready to zap Percy, but refrained and instead replied. 

"Alright then. What is your wish?" He said through gritted teeth.

"I haven't exactly seen any of those peaceful Titans you promised to release..." Percy hinted. He looked over at Apollo and Artemis, and they both shook their heads. 

"See! Neither of them have seen their mother yet! Just release them, and then we can all live happily ever after!" Percy said. 

"They will get released after the meeting..." Zeus said.

"Good. I'll be coming back to check up on that." Percy warned, a smirk flashed across his face. Zeus groaned.

"Oh, also, keep going on that good work you've been doing about claiming our kids before they're thirteen!" Percy said. "And for my wish this time, I...want...to save it for later."

Zeus nodded. "Alright....and if you can't use it before you die there's nothing we can do there, okay?" 

Percy shrugged.

"Next, Annabeth Chase! I presume you want a wish too?" Zeus asked.

Annabeth was about to respond when a bright flash of light appeared, followed by a woman, dressed in dark robes, holding twin torches.

A silence came over those in the room. 

"Lady Hecate..." Annabeth whispered. 

"I am here to assign a quest, and the demigod whom I am going to assign it to is Perseus Jackson." Lady Hecate said turning to face Percy. 

The blood drained from Percy's face as the words echoed in his head. 

"I don't understand? Another quest? Didn't I just finish one for you?" Percy asked, his voice barely above a whisper. 

"Ah...but that was for the Olympians, this is for me." Lady Hecate corrected.

"And what might this quest be?" Annabeth broke in.

"I can tell you only if Percy accepts the quest. If he does not then this information must remain a secret." Lady Hecate said, eyeing Percy out of the corner of her eye, her look told him that there was no choice, despite what she was saying.

"I accept..." Percy said, sensing the underlying message. 

Annabeth's head whipped over to look at Percy. 

"What? No! You promised me we would stop with these quests! That we would live a normal life and go to new Rome!" Annabeth yelled, welled up in her eyes. Percy walked over to her, and put his hands on her arms. He placed his forehead on hers and whispered, "I...know. After this...just one last quest. Then new Rome....I promise..."

Annabeth looked up at him. "That's what you said last time." Her voice tremored with emotions as tears streamed down her face, and she placed her hand on his cheek, gently kissing him on the cheek.

"No. No more broken promises." She said, she pulled away dropping her hand to her side and slowly headed towards the exit. Slow sobs shook her body, getting louder and more prominent the farther away she got from Percy.

Percy watched her as she walked away. The room was in complete silence and the only sound was the click her boots against the marble flooring. 

Percy stood in shock, and then then ran to go chase after her.

"Annabeth wait!" He called, grabbing her wrist, and pulling her around to face him.

"I-I-I love you. What am I supposed to do without you?" He asked, pulling her towards him.

Annabeth leaned into the embrace, and leaned against his chest, her tears soaking into Percy's bloody beaten shirt. 

She pulled away one last time, and whispered, "Then I guess you'll just have to figure that out on your own." She left slipping through the grand doors.

Percy went to go chase after her, to go tell her that he needed her, that he would do something-anything to make it up to her. But just as he was about to leave the doors, a loud and clear voice yelled at him to stop. 

Percy turned to face the goddess a pained expression on his face.

"What?" He yelled, his voice shaking from anger and sadness.

"You leave this room and you have rejected the quest..." Lady Hecate warned.

"I-I don't care! Kill me if you want, just-just let me be with Annabeth....please. She's all I need..." Percy said, heart wrenching sobs breaking through his body.

"No. Accept the quest." Hecate ordered. 

Percy, broke- his defiance having already been weakened.

"Okay...what do I have to do?" Percy asked.

"Pick two people to assist you on this quest. Then we will go talk somewhere private. Somewhere no one-not even Zeus can listen in on us." Hecate said.

Percy looked at his surrounding friends. 

"I can't subject any of you to another quest after what we just went through-" Percy started.

Hazel broke away from Frank, smiling at him.

"I volunteer! I can't let you go alone...your like an older brother to me Percy." Hazel said, love and kindness pouring through her words and smile. 

"And you can count me in." Jason said, nodding at Piper. Piper looked at him a look of sadness in her eyes. Jason smiled at her, and leaned over, kissing her on the lips. 

"Don't worry. I'll come back." He promised, taking ahold of her hand and squeezing it tightly. 

Piper smiled, "You better." She threatened.

Hazel and Jason both walked up to Percy and hugged him. 

"It's going to be okay." Hazel reassured, hugging him.

"I hope so...I really hope so..." Percy murmured into her hair.

AN: 

This is my first chapter for my new version of Percy Jackson at Hogwarts. 

I deleted my old version since it had too many plot holes and was just a bunch of trash. 

I hope you all enjoyed this!

-Cubee 

Word count: 1068 

Published: September/Eighth/2022