𝟔| 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐥 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚

6: motel california

"You're okay. You're safe."

IT WAS DARK outside, the chirps of crickets being heard all around as they insects tried to hide from the many eyes around in the nighttime, no grass being seen anywhere, most of it being sand all around as it was cooled down for the coolness outside in the night sky air. The clouds were dark, blending in with the dark sky as right by the road, a pretty big motel could be seen, large words that were shining brightly being seen at the top as a school bus parks right outside the hotel.

The students all follow their teacher outside of the bus and onto the pavement, their shoes hitting the rough concrete. Coach's voice echoed throughout the nighttime air as he held up the keys to the many rooms of the motel, informing that the meet would be tomorrow, considering the many traffic they had gone through and what had happened at the rest area when they pulled over, unknowingly saving Scott when they had parked over.

Hand holding Y/n's tightly in his, Isaac used his free hand to grab ahold of one of the keys Coach had been holding, looking down at the number on it before him and his girlfriend were headed in the direction of the room number. After walking up some stairs, Isaac unlocked and opened the door, letting Y/n head in first before he followed, closing the door behind him.

Tossing her bag to the floor, Y/n plopped down onto one of the beds, her back meeting the mattress as her eyes stared up at the ceiling. Isaac soon plopped down beside her, leaning on his elbows as he reached a hand up, brushing a strand of hair out of her face. The couple look at each other, their eyes meeting before Isaac leaned in and pressed his lips to hers in a passionate kiss.

One of his hands come up to the side of her neck, his hand slighting cupping her cheek as their lips move in sync. Needing air, the two soon pull away, small smiles on their faces as the pad of his thumb caress the skin of her cheek.

While they laid in silence, Isaac let his lips linger on his girlfriend's forehead as his hand comes up to caress her soft hair. A chuckle escapes the boy when Y/n drops her head onto the mattress, including her arms as she had been leaning on her elbows, a huff of air leaving her as her eyes meet the ceilings once more.

"I'm exhausted." Y/n mumbles tiredly.

Isaac hums, moving a strand of hair away from her eyes. "So am I."

After a couple minutes, both were getting up, Y/n heading into the bathroom as she gets on the sweats she had brought to sleep in as Isaac had been scrolling through the tv inside their room. The lights were soon off in the motel room as the werewolf couple could now be seen with their eyes closed on the bed, sleeping. Isaac's chest was pressed against Y/n's back as his arms wrapped around her waist, both sleeping somewhat peacefully.

However, it hadn't been too long until Y/n's eyes snapped open, the tiredness being seen in her e/c gaze. Prying Isaac's arms off her waist, the Hale girl gets up, closing the bathroom door behind her. She let her hands rest on the sink, wiping the sweat away from her eyes at the small nightmare she had as a sigh escapes past her shaky lips.

Turning the knob of the sink, she cups her hands, letting the water coming from the tap to fill her hands before she splashed it in her face, hoping to wake herself up a bit more, also hoping she wasn't waking Isaac up at all from just the other side of the door of their shared motel room, wondering if Boyd would come in soon, considering he would sleep in the other bed.

"Help!" A voice suddenly screams out.

The sound causes the girl to jump up, immediately recognizing the sound of the voice. It was herself, but by the sound of the squeakiness in the voice, it was her younger self... during the fire of her childhood home. The voice continued, followed by many more as sounds of screams of pain filled her ears, making her furrow her brows.

She had no idea where these sounds were coming from, but it had her bringing her hands up towards her ears and covering them. Much to her luck, they seemed to come to a stop and when she noticed, Y/n shakily brought her hands down, letting herself step away from the wall before opening up the bathroom door.

Isaac was still asleep, laying in their shared bed as he tossed and turned a couple times, seeming to try and get comfortable where he was laying as his arms were not wrapped around her waist anymore like before. She felt her breathing become more heavy, feeling the fear course through her.

"Help, please!" The voice continues, causing her to jump. "Derek! Mom! Help!"

"Help." Y/n murmurs to herself, repeating the words she was hearing. "Derek... help. Mom."

Tears pooled in her eyes as the screams continued, many more voices echoing into her ears that had her backing up into the wall of the motel room, forgetting about the werewolf near her.

She didn't even notice she had stepped into the closet of the motel room, remembering when the fire was happening, she had been trapped and hid in her closet in fear of the hunters catching her, curled up in the corner until Derek found her and was able to get her out where they had met up with their older sister.

She knew it hadn't been a smart idea, but she was little and didn't know what to do. Now, it was dark, just like how she always hid in her old closet in her childhood home whenever she was scared and curled up in the corner, her hands over her head and ears as she tried to block out the screams and shouts of herself and many other people during the fire, the closet door closed.

She didn't notice her boyfriend had woken up, but started hearing things himself until he was curled up in fear under the bed, almost similar to her. She didn't notice that Boyd had walked in with a safe in his arms and placed it on his torso as he let himself drown in the bathtub in the bathroom of the motel room when two familiar people had rushed their way inside.

Stiles and Lydia had been able to get Boyd out of his trance by touching him with the heat of a flare they had gotten from the bus before doing the same with Isaac when Lydia had noticed him underneath the bed. Both werewolves were now out of their spots they had been curled up in, Boyd all soaking wet when Isaac heard the soft, muffled cries inside the closet.

Boyd noticed it too as he walked over and opened it, seeing the Hale girl inside, all curled up as the two humans that had been ready to leave the room looked over. Using the other flare he had, Stiles was quick to walk over to the girl he considered his friend, a best friend but he would never tell her that, holding the flare towards her, trying to get the heat to touch her.

Y/n backed away at the sight of the eyes on her when the closet door opened, holding her head just as the heat touched her. Isaac watched as his girlfriend looked up, her eyes widening as she soon realized she was in the closet of the motel room. Stiles and Lydia had soon left as Y/n shakily steps out, blinking back her tears when she met Isaac's eyes.

The boy stepped forward, wrapping his arms around her waist tightly and holding her body against his as they held each other tightly in each other's arms.

One of Isaac's hands came to the back of her head, cupping it in his large hand while she buried her face into his neck, a small cry that sounded like a sob escaping her as the sound was muffled while they continued holding each other, all while Boyd smiled sadly at the sight of them, wishing a certain blonde was here with him, a blonde that had became his best friend.

"You're okay." Isaac whispers, kissing her temple. "You're safe."