Prologue

The year is 413 B.C. A mother lay on a bed with her husband and servants by her side. Wails ring in the halls of this couple's mansion. The husband's hand is mangled by the woman's grip. Moments later, a baby's head creeps out of the woman. Soon thereafter, a new life is brought into this world; a baby by the name of Nasir. Mujrim Al Im-Hashish, father of the newborn was overjoyed. Mujrim quickly adorned the newborn with fine threads and jewelry; this baby was a born aristocrat. Days later, family of the new parents had been brought in from all around. They celebrated the baby, throwing a feast; they also presented gifts for Nasir for when he grew.

Five years later, Nasir starts schooling. Immediately within the first year, Nasir complains about torment from his peers.  His parents brush it off, telling themselves the kids are just being kids; they also believed kids are naturally cruel in the beginning years. When Nasir was 13 and the torment hadn't stopped, Mujrim took matters into his own hands. He pulled Nasir from schooling and set up training objects for war in the courtyard. 

"Nasir, suit yourself with: vambraces, greaves, puldrons, and a breastplate. After you have completed armoring yourself, meet me in the courtyard." Mujrim commanded.

With the orders given, Nasir entered the armory. Although Nasir was terrified of what was to come, he couldn't let his father know. Nasir had to approach his father with a flame in his heart because if not, hell will be raised. Mujrim was not the man many would want to cross, for he was fierce and ruthless. Then Mujrim and Nasir met in the courtyard. Mujrim then spoke:

"So Nasir, I heard you're having issues at school. I always had a feeling you weren't built for that type of learning. I'm going to home-school you: in the way of the blade. Here, a training sword, show me what you know, my son."

Understanding he knew next to nothing, Nasir feebly swung his sword at his father. Mujrim dodged the poor attempt at an attack, by simply stepping a single pace to the left. Mujrim then proceeded to sweep Nasir's feet from beneath him. Nasir lay on the ground, winded, and gasping for air. In a show of dominance, Mujrim pointed the tip of his blade at Nasir's throat. 

"I cannot believe I did not teach you the way of the sword. It is truly a shame how you fight. Fret not, however, in due time you'll learn. Soon, in possibly even a month, not only would you be proficient in swordsmanship, possibly even with your own two hands. So son, get up and learn with me. First thing, grip your sword with a singular hand." Mujrim stated.

So, Nasir began to learn. In a year Nasir was able to: disarm opponents, grapple, and most importantly, use a sword. Nasir's father then took him on jobs as Mujrim was a hitman. He was a natural, all he needed was some encouragement. Soon after a few jobs, Nasir was given hits to take out on his lonesome. 

Now in his adolescence, Nasir was studious in the way of war. Because he had a pseudo target on his back, he kept a dagger concealed in his sash. One day he saw some of his tormentors in while in the market. 

"Hey look, guys! It's Nasir! Where'd you go? Couldn't handle a bit of banter? come here and taste the bite of my blade for a change." one of the tormenters heckled.

So, Nasir approached them without a word. The tormentor drew his sword and attempted to swing at Nasir, to no avail. Before the sword had hit Nasir, he had pulled out his dagger and deflected the blow. Nasir then plunged the dagger deep into the filth's heart, taking him out with a single blow. The world around them erupts into screams of terror; the friends of the now-dead tormentor go after Nasir. Running right through them, Nasir swiftly removes one of them. Climbing over a market stall, and onto a few rooftops, Nasir made moves to lose sight of the men. Now out of sight of the tormentors, Nasir gets ahold of a jug of wine; he then follows them atop the roofs and waits until they standstill. The tormentors now stood above their friend's corpses. Nasir threw the jug of wine at one of the three remaining tormentors, pacifying him. Nasir retires to his father's estate, the situation now dealt with. 

In his room, Nasir slips his tunic off. Revealing his hair, Nasir undoes his headwrap. As Nasir looks at himself, he sees the dried blood, staining his hands. Although his former tormentors are gone, he's dissatisfied. Beside himself, Nasir takes a bath. Nasir couldn't stand to feel anything at that moment, all because he took those two lives. He was unsure why he felt such a way, he had taken lives before.

Soon this feeling of dread faded. All was going swell for Nasir and his father until people showed up at their door. It was another aristocrat, and the father of one of the boys Nasir had slain. He spoke:

"Hear me now, my name is Qadir Bin Tariq. It is to my attention your son has slain my son. What purpose your son had to do this, I do not know, but you must pay. You can make this easy, and bring your son out and have him slain the way he has slain my son; if not, we can enter your home and ravish it for all it has, human and all. Make your decision now, and I suggest not taking the latter of the two options. If you do not bring your son, we will enter your home, martyr your servants, slay you and your son, and take your wife as a slave. I have spoken my peace, make your decision."

"Enter!" replied Mujrim.

So, they entered, and blood began to fly. Swords glinting, chunks of flesh soaring. Nasir and his father managed to fend off all but three attackers. One of the three threw incendiary at Mujrim, causing him to flail around. Nasir savagely brutalized the man who set his father ablaze. In the ruckus, a man disappeared; the third man, Qadir, laid Mujrim to rest. Giving chase, Qadir ran, understanding his time was nearing. Nasir followed and ran after him. Qadir escaped, to Nasir's dismay. Two have fled, and Nasir had to make sure his mom was safe. He headed up the stairs and checked on his mom. Signs of struggle painted the walls, but alas, the window shattered and his mom was nowhere to be seen. Lividly, Nasir mounted a horse and rode towards Qadir's residency.

Now there, Nasir killed a male servant and put on the tunic. He hid his dagger on his breast and crept behind Qadir. Qadir soon lay dead, with a single strike to his jugular. Nasir then peered around the halls in search of his mother. Soon he found her, battered and bruised. With what little strength she had left in her, she ran at Nasir and his blood-stained tunic. He embraced his mom and walked her out of her imprisonment. Nasir returned to his clothing, and changed back into his original clothing; then Nasir and his mom mounted his horse and rode home. 

"Mom, did they do anything vile to you?" Nasir questioned.

"Those heartless bastards beat me, and hit me with maces, my son." Nasir's mom answered.

Nasir grew a stern expression and went quiet. His mom wept softly behind him, ashamed of her defenselessness. Nasir spoke as he heard the weeps:

"It's not your fault mom, please don't blame yourself for what happened. I should've been more attentive to making sure you were hidden."

The two soon arrived home. Nasir and his mom peered at the corpses in the main hall; Mujrim lay among the corpses, burnt, and bleeding. Nasir tied the corpses of his enemies to a mule, and sent the mule running; he dragged the corpses throughout the countryside alongside the town. He then dug a grave for his father and buried his father. His mom began wailing on Nasir's shoulder. He then tells his mother he's going for a quick ride to clear his mind. 

He heads back to Qadir's residency. He rips servants away from the corpse and begins robbing the corpse. Every last bit of jewelry on the corpse is robbed, and taken for Nasir himself. Nasir then heads to the wine stores and spreads the stores along the house. He begins dousing the entire mansion in wine, and then he sets it ablaze. He rides away, pleased with himself. Once Home, Nasir searches for his mother. As he enters her room, He sees her bloody wrists hanging from her arms. She hangs from the ceiling, lifeless. Nasir softly weeps as he removes his mother's corpse from the noose. She had taken her own life. As he hugs his mother's corpse, and he smells her scent, he begins to howl. Livid, at himself, at the world, and at every entity he sees. He then composes himself and makes his father's grave wider. He then enters and rests his parents in each other's arms. Above their graves, Nasir planted two olive trees.