The Tests

"THE MAGIC KNIGHTS CAPTAINS!!"

'Oh, wow...!'

The examinees freak out over the captains' sudden appearance. The crowd cheers for them, saying their names...They're indeed very surprise.

[Name] wasn't all that surprise though, what's so special about them again?

"It's the captain of the strongest squad, the Golden Dawn!..

William Vangeance!!"

"The top candidate to be the next Wizard King!"

'William...Vangeance? Vengeance? And what's with the mask..?..I shouldn't be judging.'

He heard the kids were also freaking out, I guess you could say they're shock too. [Name] wasn't that amuse, but if the man is all that..Interesting, then he should just be respectful and cheer upon his presence too..?

[Name] got up from the ground. He suddenly heard something. He look at the sky, shock to see it had turn darker all of a sudden...And the sky 'opened' to reveal bunch of branches from the open area.

'Is that..The man's magic?! What a amazing magic!'

"Waaaaa!! He's so cool!"

The  branches start to give everyone a broomstick, [Name] realized that this first test was to fly a broom...Which sound easy, although he haven't fly on a broom for a long time since he has wings, but he was thought to fly on a broom a few times, maybe he will pass this one, with the help of control and balance.

"We shall now begin...

The Magic Knights entrance exam!"

"We're going to have you go through a multitude of tests. The nine captains of the Magic Knights will judge your progress. We shall then select the candidates we want in our squads.

Those who are not chosen by any of the captains are judged to lack the talents needed to join the Magic Knights."

'So you're saying that people who are not chosen are useless..? Ok then.'

The first test has started.

Some people were struggling a bit to fly on the broomstick, while some had manage to balance on their broom. [Name] put the broom between his thighs, now trying to make it flew up in the air like the others did.

'Now...I've tried this before, I'm sure I can do it, even if I haven't even practice flying-'

"When dad always train for the exam, he would sometimes stood on the broomstick and fly up! And he did that one time in the exam, he said the captains were very impressed!"

'Ok, kid...I'll be like your dad or whatever.'

[Name] remove the broom from between his thighs, he easily made the broom fly by itself, then he guide the broom lower so he could get on it. He never ever tried to stand on a broom while it's in the air, since he remembered that his parents always told him it was dangerous, so he never tried to do it. But now he's an adult, he can do whatever he wants.

"Look at that guy over there!"

"Ha..How can those two balance so easily?!"

'Hm, seem like I caught some people interest, just by standing up on a broom in mid air..And, it seem I caught the captains' eyes, is that good?'

"The captains are looking at you! That means they're impressed!"

"The Golden Dawn captain is definitely picking him!"

"Calm down, kids."

☆☆☆
(Skipping all the other tests because that's what I do.)

"Next...Is the final test.

In this test, you will engage in actual combat. You will pair up with someone and fight him or her!

You may use your grimoire. I'm sure you've mastered 1 or 2 attack magics, right?"

'Duh.
Alrighty, an actual combat...I haven't fight someone in a long time, I assume. I need to find someone to fight with.'

He was a bit afraid that no one would want to fight him. It's either them thinking he's weak or he's strong, he did show off a bit after the last 4 tests. He just had to do it.

'Well, since I'm pretty much bad at socializing, I'm just gonna wait-'

"Hey there..W-wanna be my opponent?"

[Name] turn to his side to see a dark red hair guy beside him,

"Oh! Uh, sure!

..I'm [Name], nice to meet you."

[Name] introduce himself suddenly, giving his hand to the guy so he could shake it,

"A-ah! I'm..I'm Daiki. Nice to meet you too!"

The guy took his hand and shake it, he seem quite awkward, but he doesn't mind that. Everyone are awkward sometimes.

Now it's time to wait.

☆☆☆

"Hey, want the next round to be our turn?"

"O-oh! U-uhm, yeah, yeah! Sure."

After the next round of examinees fighting with eachother, Daiki and [Name] was turn to fight.

They both stand across eachother, [Name] can hear the kids were cheering for him..Hoping that he will win against that guy over there.

"Then...

Begin!"

(The goofy fighting scene has started.)

"GO [NAME], GO!"

"Card magic: Blooming fire!"

"Fire magic: Dragon's breath!"

"Fire against fire!?"

[Name]'s grimoire glow a bright red, he pull out a red card that has a picture of a wild hollyhock in a forest fire, it was odd but he knows this spell will do its best...

He swing his arm before throwing the card at the incoming massive fire from Daiki,

the red card hit the fire, and it burned.

People were shock and confused, they were a bit disappointed at that before--

An massive explosion happened,
the card had apparently made a explosion and the fire got even more massive, it even end up in the sky.

The people were trying to cover themselves, afraid that the fire might get time, but nobody got hurt. (Except-)

but not a while after....The fire disappear.

[Name] open his eyes, his eyes widen when he saw the ground a few pieces of small fire, and across him was Daiki, laying on the ground, unconscious.

He internally panic.

'WHAT...WHAT HAVE I DONE?!'

"Yay! He won!"

"Wooohooo!!!"

"Just what was that?!"

"That guy's magic is insane!"

"I thought the exam would've end right there!"

"He only used one spell...And he already won..!"

[Name] walk back to the crowd, looking down in fear and shame. He didn't think the spell would've end up like this, he didn't mean to hurt someone like that. He felt very bad for Daiki, however, he won.

Daiki will be fine in a few hours or so, it was just a burn.

'Card magic...Never heard of that before.'