ɪɴᴛʀᴏ!

introduction

introduction...

SYLVIE AND MANON were the only twins they knew in their town

SYLVIE AND MANON were the only twins they knew in their town. The Tetanui twins were well known for their polar opposite personalities. Manon Tetanui caused more chaos than the town could handle, but they loved him anyway. Even after finding himself in troubling situations, his charisma and charm got him out of it every time.

Sylvie was nothing like him, which was another reason the town loved the two. When Manon got out of hand, Sylvie was always there to put him in his place. As much as she adored her brother, they couldn't be more different. Sylvie was more reserved as a child, she kept to herself and never really talked unless necessary. Which was why it came to her surprise hearing that her brother had gotten into a fight with three boys she didn't know.

When an eleven year old Sylvie got called down to the office to help her brother, she wasn't expecting to see three boys with the same face sitting together. The principal had asked her if she had ever seen those boys before and she shook her head no, before being directed to the ice. As she checked her brothers bruises and put ice on them, she listened to each of their stories.

Chris had gotten into an argument with Manon because he thought it was impossible for Manon's twin to be a girl. Though Chris grew up with all brothers so you could understand his eleven year old confusion.

Matt was just there to defend his brother, not really wanting to be apart of it nor caring. The boy claimed he knew his brother was wrong but thought it would be funny to watch it play out.

Nick had no idea what happened or why he was there because he had been all the way across campus on the monkey bars with his friends Alahna and Chloe.

After the principal apologized to Sylvie and Nick for having to bring them in, she gave Chris, Matt, and Manon detention for 30 minutes after school.

Sylvie was pissed.

Not because her brother got detention, which she believed he deserved. But because she would have to sit in detention with him, knowing she can't go home without her brother.

So, as the five of them all sat in detention, Sylvie quickly became friends with Nick. The two bonding over how dumb their brothers were. While Matt and Manon decided to be friends because neither of them had anything against each other.

Though Chris was still holding a grudge, so instead he sat by Manon's sister, thinking it would make him mad.

"Hi, I'm Chris!" He waved at Sylvie, sitting in the desk next to her while Nick shot him a confused glance from the seat in front of the girl.

"I know." Sylvie replied, turning her focus back to Nick and they continued their conversation about their deepest fears. Sylvie was deathly afraid of spiders, or any bug really, and she learned that Nick was terrified of birds.

"So, why don't you look like your brother?" Chris interrupted once more. He glanced back between Sylvie and Manon, the ladder not paying attention for the three, being too caught up in his conversation with Matt, while Sylvie rolled her eyes.

"Because we're fraternal, stupid."

Chris furrowed just eyesbrows, about to ask what that meant before he was cut off.

"It means we don't look the same."

"Oh."

Chris was quiet for a few moments, listening to Nick and Sylvie talk more. He noticed the difference in how she treated hs brother compared to how mean she was to him, which he didn't understand and honestly offended him a bit.

"Hey, Sylvie? Why don't you like me?" He interrupted again, this time it was Nick's turn to sigh.

Sylvie turned her head towards Chris, her expression softened a bit, she felt bad. "Because you tried to fight my brother."

"If I apologize to him, do you think we could be friends?"

Sylvie thought about it for a second, seeing how Manon and Matt were getting along pretty well and she already considered Nick as her new friend. It would be mean to exclude their brother.

"Yeah, sure."

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
this was so awkward to
write cause im not good
at writing in the perspective
of a literal child but i tried.

also pls don't flame me
for making sylvie be mean
to chris at first because come
on. who's she gonna pick, a
rando or her brother??

anyways, although the intro
lwk sucks, this is already my
fave book and sylvie is the
best character i've ever
written in my four years of
being in this app 🕺🕺🕺

comment and suggestions you
have or just your thoughts in
general and vote,
IF YOU WANT TO,
i love you all sm

m <3