ʙᴏᴏᴋꜱ ᴏɴ ᴀ ꜱᴛᴀɪʀᴄᴀꜱᴇ | ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1

LEE'S POV

I lean into Ant as he reads the Grimm tale of the little mermaid, an interesting pick for him but i like it either way. Always so,, legitimate. Like how her sisters see the world as bad and beckon her to return to the sea or the man not loving her because she doesn't speak. But it always hits me at the end, the mermaid dissolving into sea foam. I don't know why but it just does.. 

Thump

The sound of Ant shutting the book makes me jump, loosing my focus on my dreampt up world. I watch him snicker at me before he opens his mouth to speak "Plan worked just as expected. are you focused now?"  I roll my eyes and lean away from him and nod  "Good!". Ant says as he picks up a new one, placing it on his lap he pulls me over by my shoulder."This one will be  phenomenal! its about a majestic dragon and a dashing knight!" Ant displays the book to me smiling as he opens it up.. Phenomenal, he loved to sprinkle in words you'd most likely only ever hear in an English high school class. Ant notes were filled with big words and their meanings, the two things you'd hear about him being a softie. Books and 'Incomparable' words. Other than that he was a closed off 'wondrous' guy.    I smile as I relax my body into the stairs and look at the book over his shoulder.  My eyes glance over his face, a wide smile as he read, endearing eyes. I can feel my cheeks warm, I assume i'm turning pink while i admire the man beside me.  I feel his eyes drift over to me, I look over and cover my face and look the other direction.  "Observing me? and my splendiferous looks again?" Ant chuckles and scoots over dramatically leaning onto me and flailing his arms. "stopp i was not, and what do you mean again i never do!" I argue back as i shove him over, he knocks onto the stair railing before he yelps. I love when he reads to me yes, but i never fully focus huh..

AN: Dan will be in the next chapter!<3

363 words