Chapter 1: Who are you?

Author's POV

A little Introduction

Jacob, a young boy in his 20's was a car racer. He loved cars so much that he even celebrated its birthday. But don't think of him as a brat. He was always at the top of his class in all his subjects. He then went on to a highly reputed college. Even while studying he used to take out time for his car racing hobby. He took a diploma in engineering. His life was perfect, not until his parents died in an accident.

His life became filled with pain just like many thorns surrounding the gentle, beautiful flower which can make a human hand bleed to death.

A point from the Author: Thorns won't kill you...it was just a figure of speech.

He dropped out of college and got influenced into making a lot of bad decisions like drinking, smoking, and doing drugs. A few years later, he decided to move on from the tragic killing of his parents and get a job. He became a cashier at a coffee shop. They didn't offer him much money but he needed to make a living so he accepted the position. He sold his mansion and all the luxury items he owned including his cars and shifted into a small yet cozy apartment. With the money he had in hand, he bought a bus pass which was comparatively less expensive than a taxi. He cut off all unnecessary expenses to make a comfortable living for himself...and his grandmother.

Author: Sorry! I forgot to introduce Jacob's grandma- Mrs.Jenny Crawson. She was the one who pulled Jacob out from making more bad decisions.

"Grandmother! I'm leaving for work...bye!" Jacob said in his deep, husky voice. "Huh! Where?" his grandmother said in her high-pitched yet shaky voice. He just sighed in response and said "I'll be back". His grandmother has been dealing with Alzheimer's for quite some time.

He quickly left for his shift. After he reached the shop he quickly wore his moss-green apron and stood near the cashier machine. "G'day Mate! How ya doin' ?" said a customer. Jacob lifted his head and said in a happy voice "Oliver! Am I happy to see you! Oh, I'm doing very well myself, thank you! How about you?". "Nothing but a shot of espresso would make my day better." Jacob gave wide smile and said " Coming right up!". He turned around to see one of his co-workers who was also his best friend handing Oliver his morning espresso. "Jacob learn something from Felicia...She already has the espresso ready. I'm a regular customer and you should know that." Oliver said jokingly as he paid and also left some tips for Jacob and Felicia.

Felicia flipped her hair proudly and went to the kitchen. Jacob grunted and said in a mocking tone "LeArN sOmEThing fROm hEr!".

He sat on the chair tired as Felicia started shouting from the kitchen " Take care of the orders, will ya!". He frowned as she said that. He saw the door opening revealing the next customer. He lifted his eyes to see the customer as his jaw dropped looking at the person, not because he knew who it was but because he was awestruck looking at her beauty. Yep...your guess is right...its a she. She was wearing a beautiful floral gown, while mini butterfly clips were scattered all over her rich, charcoal black hair which was open. She was as fair as a swan. A few curly strands of her hair covered a little part of her face. Her rosy, pink-colored heart-shaped lips had a sweet smile revealing her pearly-white teeth. The sunlight dawned upon her making her look even more breathtaking than she already was. Jacob's heart did a little skip after looking at her. " Wow!" he whispered under his breath.

"Hi!" she said in her sweet, melodious, honey voice. "Oh uh...h-hello m-ma'am! W-what w-would you l-like? he said while stuttering. " Well actually...I'm new to this place so could you suggest to me a few options?" she asks. "Oh well...we are in great demand for our caramel macchiato frappé. Would you like to order that?" he asked. She nodded in response as he shouted out to Felicia "Oh Felicia! Could you get this young girl a caramel macchiato frappé?". He turned back to see the girl and said, "That would be... $5.9." The young girl scans her purse and takes out a few dollars and hands it over and says "Keep the change!". She winks at him making Jacob's heart go through a whole damn roller coaster ride. The young girl walks over to a table and sits there waiting for her order. "Done! So...where is she?"Felicia asks. He points to a table as Felicia smacks her lips and says "Thanks for wasting my time!" and leaves. "Jesus Christ! Talk about cramps!" Jacob says as he shakes his head and heads over to the table shyly. He hands over the frappé as the girl scribbles something on a tissue and hands it over to Jacob.

Jacob looks at the tissue and sees that it was an address. Jacob's cheeks heat up as he looks over to the table only to see she had disappeared. "What a strange woman! She didn't even drink her frappé!" he mumbles to himself. The main thing that was stuck in his mind was what her name was! The question he asked himself continuously...who is she?