𝟕| 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬

7: currents

"I might've been on watch last

"I might've been on watch last."

THE SUN WAS shining high up in the sky of the town full of supernatural as the chirps of birds could be heard all around outside. The occasional cars could be seen and heard driving by as people were headed to their jobs and students to school for the morning. On one certain neighborhood, in the McCall residence, Melissa McCall could be seen in her bedroom as she slept soundly.

However, her eyes were slowly opening up as the brightness from outside shined through her curtains. Sitting up, she looks around her room, only to jump with a gasp at the sight of three certain werewolf teenagers sleeping just across her room and near the end of her bed.

On her dresser, right beside the picture of her son that she had, three Pepsi cans could be seen opened up and left abandoned as the teenagers no doubt drank some while they stayed in her room at night, making her wonder even more why they were in here.

On the chair in the corner of her room, Scott had his head resting on the back of the chair, arms on the arms of the chair while Isaac and Y/n could be seen on the floor. The Hale girl's head was rested on the arm of the chair Scott was in as Isaac was resting his arm on her legs, head on his arms as he kept close to her.

Ever since he had been kicked out of Derek's loft and found a place to live at the McCall household, Isaac always brought Y/n home with him after school, something that she, Scott and Melissa didn't mind.

Sometimes, Melissa would check on the werewolf, only to see the couple sleeping soundly on his bed as Isaac held her close to him or they'd be studying, but it turned out to them talking about random stuff and Isaac interrupting with kisses each time.

And that's how Y/n spent most nights there and Melissa didn't mind it. A sigh escaping her, the woman sits up more as she calls out to them, causing the three to jump up, eyes wide while they looked around in confusion.

"What do you think you're doing?" Melissa asks.

"Uh... we were watching over you." Y/n replies.

"We wanted to make sure you weren't the third sacrifice." Scott adds.

Melissa raises a brow. "But all three of you were asleep."

Scott furrows his brows, pointing at Isaac. "You were on watch last."

"What are you talking about? You were on watch last." Isaac fires back.

"No, you were on watch last." Y/n insists.

Isaac looks to the woman. "I might've been on watch last."

"My heroes." Melissa jokes. "Wait, didn't you say that they were all doctors? I haven't had an MD recently attached to the end of my name, so I think I'm in the clear."