Goodnight, sweet prince

((Because this is my first chapter, I am taking the last scene of hamlet, and putting it into Horatio's perspective. I hope you enjoy. ))

Hamlet stumbled, and collapsed on his knees. I ran over to catch him, but I was too late. He was already lying on the cold and bloody floor. I sat down beside him and held his warm body in my arms. I have always been his best friend. Though to me, he's always been lot more.
"I am dead, Horatio." The prince choked out, staring straight into my eyes. He turned on his side, looking at the corpses that he would soon become."-Wretched queen, adieu!-" he called to his mothers body. "You that look pale and tremble at this chance,
That are but mutes or audience to this act, Had I but time (as this fell sergeant, Death,
Is strict in his arrest)." he coughed, I held him tighter. "O, I could tell you-
But let it be.-Horatio, I am dead.
Thou livest. Report me and my cause aright To the unsatisfied." I held back tears. I wasn't going to let him go alone.
"Never believe it. I am more an antique Roman than a Dane." My fingers quivered as I reached for the poisoned wine. "Some liquors still left in the goblet." I gasped, bringing the deadly cup to my lips.
"As thou'rt a man, Give me the cup." He grabbed on to the chalice but I wouldn't release it. "Let go!" Hamlet shouted. "By heaven, I'll have 't!"
He managed to pull it out of my hands, and with his remaining strength, dumps the liquid onto the floor.
"O God, Horatio, what a wounded name, Things standing thus unknown, shall live behind me!" He muttered sadly.
"If thou didst ever hold me in thy heart
Absent thee from felicity a while,
And in this harsh world...draw thy breath in pain..." Hamlet paused, and lifted his hand to my cheek
"...To tell my story." He finished with a sad smile.
One of his last moments was then interrupted by a loud marching from the other side of Denmark's tall gates. Orsic, who had news on the current events, dashed into the deadly room.
Hamlet turned his feeble head to Orsic, and asked,"What warlike noise is this?"
"Young Fortinbras, with conquest come from Poland,
To th' ambassadors of England gives
This warlike volley." Orsic told us, before leaving us as fast as he came. Hamlet shifted his gaze back towards me.
"O, I die, Horatio. The potent poison quite o'ercrows my spirit.I cannot live to hear the news from England." He wheezed. I could almost feel his heartbeat growing weaker through his tattered armor.
"But I do prophesy the election lights
On Fortinbras. He has my dying voice.
So tell him, with th' occurrents, more and less, Which have solicited." He gasped, clinging on to his final breath "The rest..... is silence." And with that, his flesh grew cold, and his pulse stopped. His intense brown eyes were empty and emotionless. Prince Hamlet, was dead.
Hot tears leaked from my bloodshot eyes. I only I stopped him from accepting the duel, he'd still be here- alive, beside me.
I stared into his soulless eyes. His sweaty brow grew paler each second. His blood stained armor became to dry. I ran my hand through his dark hair and planted a kiss upon his his forehead.
A kiss goodbye, a final adieu.
"Now cracks a noble heart." I whisper, blinded by salt water that streamed from my face. "-Good night, sweet prince, And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!"