Zelta Project: Prelude

Year 2048, Metro Wirajaya City

Starting from a meeting at the Technology Week in 2018, Three young men Danang, Erliano and Rochmad found a common vision to form a start-up company Zelta Inc by bringing out new technology that will bring about important changes in the future. Danang Sanjoyo was the son of entrepreneur Arifin Sanjoyo who owns a company that produces electronic goods for household and industrial purposes. Sanjoyo Company markets its products not only in Indonesia but also in Southeast Asia and South Asia. As the only child who was expected to continue the company, in 2011 Danang was sent to the best Technical University in Germany. However, in 2015 Sanjoyo Corp, which was built by his grandfather and father, went bankrupt due to the onslaught of cheap electronic goods from outside and internal miss management. This caused all of his properties and factories to be confiscated to pay for the losses, leaving only his family's house to live in. 

People who were originally close stayed away from Sanjoyo's family, this made Arifin Sanjoyo depressed and eventually died of illness. Danang, who at that time was still completing his Master's studies, was forced to survive in various ways. After graduating he did an internship at a technology company in Germany. Although his salary is smaller than the others, with the strong determination his career finally rose slowly. In 2018 Danang returned to Wirajaya with the capital raised in Germany with the dream of establishing a start-up company which in those years was booming.

Erliano Danendra from childhood had been considered special with all his Olympic achievements in mathematics and physics. With his busy training and participating in various science competitions at home and abroad, he did not have time with his family, especially with his younger sister Zelta Danendra. At the age of 16 he had successfully graduated from high school and got a scholarship to America for undergraduate and postgraduate studies. In the midst of his studies he was confronted with news that his sister Zelta committed suicide due to bullying that occurred at school and the pressure of social media hatters. This made him feel guilty because as an older brother he could not be close to protecting his sister. 

But this inspired him to create a system based on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to study human emotions that will help identify feelings of depression and trauma among adolescents and workers who are prone to suicide attempts. This prototype system was called Zelta One where the subject will interact with Zelta through virtual counselling, the more emotions that can be captured, then Zelta can map conflicts and solutions independently. But unfortunately the Zelta One project was rejected by the funders because they considered this project too complicated and did not provide economic benefits. That disappointment made him return to Metro Wirajaya.

Rochmad Prijadi was a reliable freelance programmer who was very interested in the internet world. He was inspired by technological figures who he considered revolutionised the world order. For him, technology should be able to help many people and not be over-commercialized. With his intelligence he actually got the opportunity to occupy a high position and many facilities in the corporation but he turned it down and lived in his idealism. Even though he is talented, he is considered to have never been in line with the bureaucracy and rigid corporate work procedures so he has never worked in the same company for long.

The three met at a technology week held at Metro Wirajaya in 2018. The event was not just an ordinary technology exhibition but to bring together the best innovators with the industries in the form of sponsorship and investment. Danang invited Rochmad, who was his high school friend, to come to that week to look for potential partners. Danang realised he didn't have as much funding as other companies so he hoped to find something potential to work with. Erliano, who at that time presented Zelta One, didn't get much attention because some visitors doubted how complicated it was and the demo results were unsatisfactory because Zelta's data was insufficient. Danang and Rochmad, on the other hand, were actually interested in Zelta's abilities which will be of value in the future. The three of them talked in a friendly atmosphere, according to Rochmad, Zelta One would be more optimal if it was integrated with metaverse technology which allows more active interactions between users so that Zelta Core recognizes more valid natural emotions.