THIRTY-TWO

low level spicy scene ahead

"are you nervous?"

juniper's head snapped up towards jaemin at the sound of his voice, and she studied the soft, almost devious smile tugging its way across his lips before rolling her eyes and turning away. "no. not nervous. just uncomfortable in this outfit."

since the invite was so short notice, june didn't have much time to pick and plan an appropriate outfit. she'd thrifted a pretty, tight-fitting plum dress that fell to just below her knees, and paired it with some black pumps to match her dark hair and eyeliner.

everyone else appeared to be dressed for easter.

jaemin smiled again at her wary expression, taking a moment to admire her attire before looping his arm around hers. "i personally think you're the best-dressed one here."

"why didn't you invite yuzuki?" juniper quickly asked to avoid the fact that her cheeks were now burning at his compliment. he was by far the best looking person there, and the fact that he arrived with her earned juniper a few... unflattering looks from girls she assumed were family friends. the boy's smile faltered, as did his touch.

"i just... didn't think she'd be mature about it." he finally confessed. juniper nodded and watched as jaemin squared his shoulders and tried for a more boyish grin. "either way, you agreed to come. so let's just enjoy the free drinks and try to make it through tonight."

juniper's gaze lingered on her co-worker for a few moments before nodding. "yep. let's make tonight our bitch."

"i swear to god i can!"

"no way. i don't believe it."

"are you doubting me, na?"

"june, there is no way you can crush that apple with your hand. where did you even get that idea?"

someone on youtube. "i didn't 'get that idea' anywhere!" she mocked, making her voice sound deep and funny to mimic her co-worker. the corners of jaemin's lips kept getting higher and higher as his grin grew. "fine. then show me!" he finally announced.

juniper's drunken confidence faltered, but only for a moment. "i will."

"do it, then."

"i said i will!"

she didn't realize how close he was until his breath hit her neck. it was warm, so warm that the air around her suddenly felt icy, and juniper shivered. oh boy. i'm drunk drunk.

looking back, june realized that he was staring right at her. how long had he been doing that? her gaze was about to flick towards his lips when something appeared between them. an apple.

"so," jaemin said as he smiled coyly. "can you break it, or not."

after hesitating for a moment, the girl plucked the fruit from his open hand, suddenly extremely grateful for the interruption, and spun away with it. "not only am i going to break it, but i'm gonna look so cool when i do."

most of the wedding guests had gone home after the bride and groom drove away in a fancy car that reminded juniper more of a funeral hearse than a wedding-themed vehicle, but she couldn't judge.

ten minutes passed and juniper was starting to think she couldn't rip an apple in two with her bare hands. "i don't understand..." an unconscious pout fell upon her lips. "jongho makes it look so easy in his videos."

jaemin rubbed a hand up and down her back, and she tried desperately not to think about how warm his touch felt through her dress. she stepped away in a casual fashion to hide the fact that he had, once again, flustered her.

"watch and learn." she narrowed her eyes in a playful manner. then, juniper grabbed a knife from the table and carved a canyon in the middle of the apple, making it easy to pull apart. "aha! see, i told you i could do it."

the boy shook his head. "that's cheating."

"how so?" june raised a brow. "i pulled the apple apart with my bare hands. you never said it had to be a whole, untouched apple."

"it's assumed."

"well, i didn't assume." juniper tossed the apple on one of the circular tables, the juice staining the white tablecloth. "you're lucky we only found one. i'd like to see you try breaking an apple in half."

"oh yeah?" and suddenly he was right in front of her again. "and what would you have given me if i succeeded?"

juniper pursed her lips to the side and touched her chin as if she were deep in thought. "hmm, nothing!"

his hand found her wrist, and june nearly snatched it away when the sudden warmth brought more goosebumps to her arms. her chest heaved with a breath. "quit doing that."

"doing what?" he asked, eyes shining with genuine confusion, but the sickly sweet grin on his pretty mouth made the girl's stomach churn. she ducked her head. "you know what."

"elaborate."

"you can assume."

juniper felt the backs of her knees tremble when his finger slid up her wrist, tracing her ulna through her skin and leaving a trail of fire in his wake. "i can assume," he repeated, though his voice had changed completely from the charming boy she worked with.

she found herself trapped under his hazy gaze, jaemin's fingertips stilling at her elbow. juniper wanted to melt into the earth as he stared at her, his eyes causing her face to burn and turn to mush.

drunk jaemin was horny jaemin, and unfortunately, drunk juniper was very easy to sway.

without a single thought of what was to come, or how much they'd both regret this when they were sober, juniper grabbed the middle of his suit tie and pulled the boy forward, meeting his halfway in a messy, highly inappropriate kiss.

juniper raked her hands through jaemin's styled hair, tugged it hard enough for him to open his mouth with a muted groan. she took the opportunity to slip her tongue against his, whining when he bit her in return.

they continued this messy exchange until jaemin's hands cupped the sides of june's face to pull himself away. juniper took the opportunity to admire him, his lips swollen and glistening, hooded eyes holding something she didn't know they were capable of containing in the first place.

"let me take you home," he finally said, voice gruff and drizzled with lustful exhaustion.

juniped nodded, not trusting herself to speak, but they barely made it to the car without touching, and once they locked the doors, there was no keeping their clumsy hands off of each other.

i have been trying to update this for DAYS but it's always so late when i get home so fuck it early update!!