Chapter One - The Beginning

Y/n's POV

I was sitting a little bit of a distance away from my siblings, texting my friend Kylie on my phone. About every year or so, my family would fly out to California for six months. So, we were sitting in an airport terminal, with about two hours to board.

Kylie lived in LA, but had recently moved to San Francisco. My mom had been like a sister to her mom, who my siblings and I call Aunt Jasmine, so Kylie and I were like sisters too. Kylie and I were the same age at sixteen. My little sister Lillian (we call her Lil), was the same age as Aunt Jasmine's other daughter, Katherine (we call her Kat). Lillian and Kat were thirteen. Then, my little brother, Asher, was eleven years old. He did not match any of Aunt Jasmine's kids, but Kylie and Kat were friends with a kid named James across the street, who was Asher's age. They met a few years ago when James visited Kylie and Kat, when Kylie and Kat still lived in LA, and Asher would hang out with James when Kylie, Lillian, Kat and I were doing something.

I had been releasing music for about two months now, and streaming Minecraft for about seven months. I had about five thousand subscribers on twitch, and about two thousand listeners on spotify for my singing. Kylie and I were planning to try and get my viewers up while I was here.

When it came to school, I would spend about half of the school year in my home state of New York, and half in California. I liked it this way. Now I wasn't sure what would happen.

Kylie, about two years ago, discovered lacrosse. She was a star player in lacrosse, and she would easily be accepted on to a professional team. So now most of her time was dedicated to lacrosse, but she promised to spend some time with me.

Kylie was one of my only friends in California. There was Kat, but Kat spent most of her time with Lil. Asher spent his time with James. My friend Tucker, who was a year older than Kylie and I, lived in Santa Barbara, which was a five hour drive away. My friend Jack was a year younger than me, and he was Tucker's little brother. My friends Nate (two years younger than me), and Scarlett (five years younger than me), were siblings, and they lived in LA, which was about a six hour drive. My cousins, Stella (five years younger than me) and Wyatt, who we all call Wolfie, (eight years younger than me) also lived in LA.

So when Kylie was in lacrosse, I was stuck alone.

As I thought over this situation, I was startled when a voice broke through my thoughts. "Is this seat taken?"

I looked up at a giant man. He was easily over six feet tall, but he seemed to be under seven feet. He had blonde, fluffy hair, and fair, pale skin. He wore sunglasses and a black and white covid mask, and had a black and white hoodie on, with black jeans and a belt, the hoodie tucked into the belt.

"No." I said, pushing his strange appearance away. Who was I to judge? I was a faceless streamer, so if he was, for some reason, uncomfortable showing his face in public, I couldn't judge him. "Here." I moved my stuff away from the seat.

"Thanks." He said. "I'm Ranboo, by the way."

"Y/n." I said, smiling a little at him. "Nice to meet you."

"Y/n!" Lil called.

I looked up to see a giant bag of skittles coming towards my face. I shot up my hand and caught it immediately without a second thought.

"Woah. That was really po-" He cut himself off. "Cool." He said. "Really cool."

"Thank you." I smiled again. "I've developed quick reflexes."

"From?"

In reality, Twitch streaming and Minecraft. But I shrugged and said, "I don't do sports, but having siblings makes you have to have quick reflexes." I looked at Lil. I nodded my thanks, and Lil turned back to her phone.