Prologue

“We all knew this day would come.” Captain Slade turned to the crowd. Everyone cheered as Slade smirked. “Today is the day that the feared pirate Captain Alabaster is to be hanged!”

The crowd cheered loudly as Captain Alabaster was dragged to his feet and moved to the noose.

Slade grinned as Alabaster was shoved to the ground. He was allowed one final word before the rope was tied around his neck.

The pirate continued to look down at the floor. Slade knelt down and lifted his chin to look him in the eyes. On the day he is to die.

His shit eating grin fell slightly when he lifted the other man's head up. Alabaster was wearing an even bigger grin. One only he was capable of, reaching up to his eyes, sharp, yellow teeth showing in all their terrifying glory.

“Any last words, pirate?” Slade said with a curl of the lip.

The sailor laughed. The other frowned. "Why are you laughing?” He laughed harder, manically. The crowd around them stepped back a bit. The men behind the Slade gulped.

He slapped the latter. The pirate was left only giggling.

“Say something.” The naval officer sneered. “Or do you want your final words to be laughter?”

Alabaster looked back at the captain and grinned again, eyes wide open, showing his insanity. The captain scoffed, about to die and the maniac is giggling like this is a joke.

“Well?”

Alabaster looked Slade dead in the eyes.

“You lose.” He winked.

The captain rolled his eyes. Suddenly a shot went off and Alabaster stood sharply. He kicked Slade down and laughed again. He turned to the crowd, spotting the bright haired man with the gun aimed at the sky. The guards around the man on the floor aimed their guns at the chained pirate.

Alabaster turned back to the guns pointed at his head and moved to the side, dodging the blows.

The man in the crowd shot at the officers.
Slade got to his feet and grabbed his sword and swung at the pirate.
Alabaster dodged and ran to the man in the crowd sneakily.

While the officers looked around for him, he dragged the purple haired man to the docks.

As soon as they left the town square, Slade looked to the sea to only hear the unmistakable, psychotic laughter. “He’s heading to the docks!” he shouted. “Don’t let him get to his ship!”

Hundreds of guards ran to the docks. “That bastard must be killed today!” an officer yelled.

Slade ran as fast as he could to the pier. But it was too late. Alabaster and his first mate had already made it to his ship. By the time he got to the docks, the ship was already out to sea. He knew even if he hurried, he wouldn’t be able to catch his ship. Whenever it passes the coast, it always disappears.

Before the ship got too far out, the Captain turned back to Slade and grinned widely again. He yelled back, “Maybe try again in a century or so, old man!”

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

A/N
Hello! This is the first story in the universe that my friends and I have created to go along with 2 video games we have planned. This is the first thing to happen chronologically so I figured I should get started on it and post it somewhere just for the fun of it.

So far, the first chapter is almost done. Constructive criticism is always welcome as well as corrections. I've tried this only once before and it wasn't the best anyways. But I'm excited for this so I'll make sure the get to work on finishing the 1st chapter soon!

Bye!
- Wade (he/they)
Word counts will start next chapter.