↠ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 1969

George entered the living room, fresh out of the shower, to find Alexandria on the couch, a pillow clutched between her arms as she stared at the television screen across the room. She didn't notice her husband entering the room at first, and he cocked an eyebrow at her in suspicion. Then, he slowly walked over and reached forward to shove her in the shoulder. She jumped in surprise, looking over to see who had just interrupted her movie session.

George was staring back with a grin, and when she looked over, he plopped down on the couch next to her. "Whatcha doin'?" he asked her.

"Well, I was having a lovely time watching this movie, but now I've missed my favorite part," she grumbled, turning back toward the TV. George chuckled, leaning forward to place a kiss on her temple before pulling her toward him. She gladly relaxed in his arms and against his shoulder.

For a few moments, they were quiet; George tried to figure out what movie his wife was watching, and Alexandria tried to appreciate that movie enough before George inevitably distracted her again. Finally, George gave up and ruined Alexandria's plans. "What movie is this?"

"Sabrina," Alexandria responded. "Now, be quiet. It's almost over."

George sat quietly and patiently for the last ten minutes of the movie, and when it finished, Alexandria stood up to stretch. "They're playing all of Audrey Hepburn's movies," she told George. "War and Peace is next, if you'd like to join me."

George's eyes went wide. "You can't be serious," he said. "That movie is three-and-a-half hours long, Alex!"

"I'm going to make popcorn," she bribed.

"Surely, there is a more exciting way to spend our time than watching bloody War and Peace."

"I'm certainly open to suggestions." Alexandria crossed her arms as she scowled at him.

"Well, we could always—."

"No, that sounds boring," Alexandria answered before George could even finish speaking.

"You didn't even give me a shot!"

"Because I already know what it is you're wanting to coax me into doing," Alexandria answered, turning to him with a knowing look.

George's cheeks turned bright red. Alexandria went to leave the room, and George followed behind as she traveled to the kitchen to start making her popcorn. "And you think that's boring?" he asked.

"Well, no—." Alexandria admitted. As she reached up into the cabinet for the popcorn kernels, George placed his hands on her hips from behind. She couldn't resist a smile.

"So, what's the problem, then?" George laid his head on her shoulder, and Alexandria could smell the soap he had just washed with. It smelled utterly divine, and it was like a drug. Then, his lips pressed against the side of her neck, and she flushed red from her head to her toes.