↠ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 1969

It was raining in Cheshire. The droplets rolled down the windows and landed on the concrete below them, trapping the poor cats inside and providing the perfect atmosphere for a little fireside reading, which was exactly what Mrs. Harrison was up to when a knock sounded on the front door of her home.

She leapt up in excitement because she knew exactly who was waiting on the other side of the door. Harold met her at the front door, and she wrenched it open.

Alexandria and George stood huddled together underneath an umbrella outside. George practically threw his wife into the house and out of the cold as soon as the door opened, worried that the cold may be bad for her in her condition, but his haste went right over his mother's head. In fact, she pulled him in just as quickly as he had pushed Alexandria in.

"You know you don't have to knock,"she said. "Our home is your home!" Louise immediately went to work making sure that her son and her daughter-in-law were completely showered in love. As she got older, it was much more difficult for her to move around easily, and Harold made sure to keep an eye on her. He knew her, so he was aware that she would put much more strain on herself than was healthy before she ever admitted defeat.

"I know, but it feels strange to just barge in," George said as Louise moved away from him and brought Alexandria in for a hug. She was completely over-the-moon, of course. She hadn't seen them in months!

"That's nonsense," she insisted. "How are you two? It's been ages, and I oughta be cross with you for that!"

"We're doing very good, Ma," George said with a smile at his mother.

The two had made the decision over the past week to inform everyone of their pregnancy early this time around. Everyone in their families, rather. They felt that it was unfair that George's parents hadn't been able to appreciate their last baby even though there had been months that they could have. Not to mention, they thought of how cheated they felt whenever they found out Alexandria had experienced her first miscarriage. They hadn't been able to appreciate the pregnancy before it was gone, and it was unfair for them to deprive someone else of the very same thing.

And that was partially why they were here now. Of course, George always loved visiting his parents, and he loved being blessed with his mother's cooking, and that was just a bonus. They still didn't have a plan to announce their exciting news, but they'd figure that out when it came closer to that time.

They'd gone to Alexandria's first doctor's appointment just a few days previously, and everything was looking healthy, and according to her midwife, Alexandria was likely almost five weeks along already! The midwife had also informed them that the bleeding she had experienced was likely implantation bleeding, a perfectly normal occurrence in early pregnancy.