Chapter 1

World of the Coinless was not a good setting for love stories... everyone who had managed to survive through the aftermath of Drakkon's ascent to the throne, found themselves surrounded by trauma, sadness, and disappointment.

And star crossed lovers in tragic love stories surrounded almost everyone, following the trend that if you decided to fall in love, you were going to lose your life, or live to tell the tale of how your lover lost theirs.

Amelia Jones hadn't expected to find herself in one. Definitely not with the way it had started. She hadn't expected to find herself sitting by the bed, and thinking about how it had all started; they felt more like Javi's memories than her own... either way, it was a tragedy, and a beautiful one at that.

...

"I feel sorry for you with all my heart... But you cannot blame us, for you came to kill us if you could." She looked younger than she probably was, her brown hair, somehow dyed blonde in places, loosely knit into a braid, her cape, magenta in color, torn in places, patched up with spare cloth in a lot more, a bloodstained knife held to the sentry's neck, restricting movement, because he knew she wouldn't hesitate to deliver the death blow. She had a knack for drama, he decided, when her fingers played around with the knife dangerously, while making cryptic statements.

"...Blame you? Blame you for what?" The sentry scoffed, probably underestimating her.

"For your death. Believe me, I am sorry for your death."

With one click, the Mastodon sentry watched his fellow one fall to the ground, bleeding out from where the wind supposedly travelled to the lungs. The weak neck armour, which was nothing more than hardened white polyester cloth, doing barely anything to protect him from the sharpness of her blade.

"Amelia catch!" A sound came from another direction, and Javi Garcia, the black sentry who had just witnessed 'Amelia' murder one of his ranks— frankly he didn't even know who had been under that helmet, he didn't care either— turned his head just in time to catch a figure in a worn down blue jumpsuit, with almost as many patches as Amelia's, looking a little less maniacal than her, tossed her a bow and arrow, and she leapt up, catching the apparatus in mid air, and strung the bow, loaded an arrow, and fired a shot in Javi's direction.

Javi, who knew how it would play out— Coinless were really good with arrows, somehow, and most of them resulted in explosions— ran for cover, and found himself tumbling behind a rock, the heat of the explosion following him.

"Niiice" he heard the guy in blue catch up, and turned around to peek at the two of them high-fiving. Now was his opening, Javi loaded his machine gun, and aimed it at the couple, and let loose.

The guy was hit in the leg, while she pushed him away to save him, and then loaded another arrow to fire in Javi's direction.

Javi realized he would be the bullseye, and ducked back behind the tree, and broke into a run as far away from the granary as he could. Javi knew his way around, though, having patrolled in this area for a few weeks back when he'd joined the sentry ranks for the first time. Taking cover in the woods, he made his way around, and over some trees, to latch onto one side of the granary's building, and onto one of the pipes that supplied coolants, and managing his weight on it, he crawled around, so he was now facing the pink girl's back, while she kneeled next to her blue friend, checking his injuries, and Javi loaded his gun, and with a solitary bullet, he struck her bow, cracking it into half. And she looked up at him, the expression in her eyes being one of anger, and moreso, fear, she stared up at him pleadingly, and Javi, with his gun already locked on the injured blue man's heart, found himself unable to press the trigger.