Chapter 1 - An old 'friend'.

Dream is in his room, doing nothing really. He then heard boxes falling from the living room, he blinked in shock before getting up, immediately going to the living room.

"I-is everything okay in here? I heard a loud cras-"
Dream said before noticing them. Swap and lust, swap was apologizing non stop and lust was trying to say it's okay.

Lust then turned to dream
"Oh, hello dream! 'Sorry we caused a ruckus. Swap asked me to come over to help clean up."

Swap looked at lust then at dream
"Oh, heya dream!! Me and lust are just tiding up! This place has been really messy so I thought we should clean up a bit!"

Lust then got up and picked up the box, swap notices and immediately gets up and starts putting the items back into the box with full speed.

Dream looks at them, he giggles slightly.
"Ah, I see. I thought something happened, well then I'll be glad to help you both out."

Swap smiled widely
"Wowie! I'm so glad you'll be helping, dream! Then, you can take out the boxes from the basement. We'll sort all the items out here!"

Lust smiles and looks at swap
"Swap, you can go help dream first. I can take out the boxes from upstairs myself"

Swap nods
"Why of course! Let's go dream, mweh heh heh!!!"

Swaps says and held dreams hand, rushing down to the basement.

-a few minutes later-

Dream and swap are cleaning up the basement. Dream smiles taking a box.
"You know, this place reminds me of when we first lived here, we used to talk about our plans and how to protect aus here. But now since the truce we didn't need to use the basement anymore."

Swap nods in agreement getting a box
"Yeah, I'm glad we're friends now! Or atleast some of them- I honestly can't with nightmare, he's terryfing- I can't get close to him without shivering-"
Swap says in a scared tone, unamused.

Dream stopped moving for a second, he then just smiled
"..you know, nightmare used to be an old friend of mine"

Swap blinked
"Wait, whaaat?!!"

Dream looked down a bit before walking upstairs holding the box
"Mhm. We got along so well, he was so nice when he was little.."

Swap looked at dream and followed him curiously
"Nightmare was your friend? THE NIGHTMARE?? how did you even do it?? And didn't he want to murder everyone-"

Dream nods no in disagreement.
"Not at all, in fact, he was one of the sweetest skeleton I know!"
Dream smiles remember his memories, walking before losing concentration. He then fell on the stairs, crashing through a bunch of boxes.

Swap reflexes by dodging dream before blinking and putting the box down
"Dream! Are you okay?!!"
Swap knelt down and held dreams arm, dreams arm was a bit damaged.

Dream groaned slightly before sighing
"..no, I'm fine. Don't worry- ugh.. it's just my arm.."
Dream smiled a bit, trying to assure swap he's okay.

Swap looked at dream worryingly.

Dream sighs, he then noticed a picture frame on the floor, he hesitantly picked it up.. it was a photo of him and.. nightmare. He looked so happy in it. Dream's eyes got watery for a bit. He missed him, so much.

Lust then rushed down to the basement
"Guys! What happened?? Are you all okay?!"

Swap nodded.
"Dream fell. His arm is damaged.."

Lust noticed and immediately went to dream and carried him bridal style
"Hold on, I'll carry you back to your room, 'k? Get some rest."

Dream blinked and blushed slightly before hugging him close making sure he doesn't fall
"..mhm, sorry for making a scene."

Swap looked at dream
"Don't apologize, dream.. let your arm heal first, okay?"

Dream nodded looking away as lust teleports back to dreams room.

Dream sat on his bed and lust left to help swap,

Dream looked at the picture, he still had it. Dream sighed.
"Stop it, dream.. he's gone. He's dead. Stop thinking about him. He isn't here."

"Why didn't you save him? Did you hate him that bad?"

"..what? No! Of course not.. I.."

"If you saved him, maybe the outcome would've been different."

"I-i know, but.. I was shocked, scared, you-"

"Don't make up excuses! If your brother had survived the accident he would've hated you anyways. Because you didn't even TRY to save him."

"..it's not like that! It's not like that at ALL!"

Dream screamed slightly, he looked down and started sobbing silently.

...

...

...

...

...

"I told you, night, passive, whatever your nickname is. I. Don't. Care. You cannot see 'your brother'. I already made a truce with him what else do you want?!"
...

...

...

...

Wanna know what their conversation will be like? Find out in the next chapter! (⁠。⁠•̀⁠ᴗ⁠-⁠)⁠✧

(Next chapter coming out in 1-2 weeks!)