Chapter 1: Scrambling for a Meal

One night in the Ramshackle Dorm, everyone is fast asleep peacefully. However, Briar ends up sleepwalking her way to the mirror once again, and the mirror ripples, causing Briar to have another dream.

In her dream, Briar opens her eyes and soon finds herself standing close to a large rock formation, with sunlight being covered by the clouds.

Briar looks around and says, "I can feel the wind."

Then wonders, "I wonder what this place is, or if anyone is around here."

Just then, appearing on the rock is a lion. The lion has amber-gold fur, while his muzzle, paws, and underbelly are all beige. His upper eye patches are darker than his main pelt, the lower halves are lighter, and his eyebrows are thick and black, and bears a thick mane of dark scarlet that extends down to his middle chest, the tip of his tail matching it in color.

The lion appears to walk along the rock and reaches the end of the rock.

Flying over is a red-billed hornbill with blue and white color feathers, an orange-red yellow beak, orange feet, and navy blue back feathers on the head.

Just then, appearing on the rock is a different animal. This one is an aging, elderly, slender mandrill. He seems to have grayish colored fur. He is shown to have a bent tail, is half bald with a white beard, black pupils. His face is shown as pale blue with a bright red nose showing.

And then appearing next to the male lion is a female lion. Sarabi appears as a robust tan-colored adult female lioness with amber/reddened eyes. She has soft, round features despite her robustness. She has a brownish-pink nose that matches the insides of her ears, which have a dark rim around them. Her muzzle, underside, and paws are all a lighter shade of tan than the rest of her body, and the tuft at the end of her tail is dark brown.

Briar continues to watch to see the event that is taking place. Briar is amazed to see what is happening. She also notices many animals in front of the rock and waiting patiently for something to happen.

The mandrill then lifts what looks like a baby lion. The lion is very small with a large head. He had light spots on his head and body as newborn lions usually have, a brownish-gold color fur.

Then the sunlight comes out of the clouds and shines down towards the baby lions.

Soon, the animals let out cries and screeching sounds, almost applauding. Then, all the animals bow down in respect.

Briar is a bit confused, but is amazed to see what is happening.

The next day, Briar, Seriea, and Trinket are both still asleep in their bed. When the sun shines through the window, Briar soon wakes up from her sleep. She sits up as she yawns and stretches her arms.

Briar turns to Sereia, who is sleeping next to her, "Sereia, it's time to wake up. Trinket, you too."

"Okay," Sereia says, beginning to wake up.

Trinket also wakes up and lets out a yawn.

Briar then gets out of bed and leaves her room to wake up the bows.

Suddenly, she hears Grim's voice, "Myaaah!..." Then hears more sounds, "Meeeooow! Myah myaaah..."

"Was that a roar or something?" Briar says, confused.

Briar then opens the door and walks inside to see Grim moving around on the bed in his sleep.

Grim snores and says, "Myaaah... Thass whatchu get... fer crossin' Grim da Miiightyyy...." And continues to snore.

Briar chuckles as she covers her mouth with a grin on her face.

Briar walks to the boys and says, "Jasper. Tanzanite. Grim. It's time to wake up!"