008, 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧-𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞

DEAR, EX

I HATE U, I LOVE U gnash

scar stays silent for most car ride, knees hugged to her chest as she rests her head on liam's shoulder, who's sitting in the third row of the van as nick and maia took the middle backseats.

liam whispers to her. "are you drunk?"

"shut up." she replies with an exhale, and he nods, taking it as a yes.

they sit in a comfortable silence together. she couldn't believe the situation. she wanted to talk to at least one of the people she had lost, but she definitely didn't wanna be yelled at. not by matt.

"what happened?" he asks, breaking the silence. she looks down at her hands that are intertwined together, holding her legs up. she fiddles with her thumbs.

chase hit me. matt yelled at me. i hate myself. it's all my fault. i love chris and i'll never get him back. the issues of the day run through her head. "chase slapped me then pushed me," is all she says. "i think he's mad at me." her shoulders uprise in a shrug as she states the obvious.

"he hit you?" liam asks protectively, and their eyes meet. he furrows his eyebrows at her.

"calm down, liam, he'd rock your shit." she says, and he relaxes, knowing she's right. chase fenton could rock anyone's shit.

after dropping maia and liam off, matt drives to his own house.

when they arrive, he helps her out of the car. she's hammered and tired, trying her best to hold herself up as matt helps her as best as he can.

nick and chris simply walk in the house together as they murmur to each other, walking ahead of them. matt guides scar in, and she sighs, feeling like a burden to the family. she doesn't feel like she's a burden, she knows she is.

she feels anxious as they approach the back door. she hasn't seen this house in six months. she gets a strong sense of deja vu as matt holds onto her arm. the slight breeze of the night blow against her skin, and she lightly shivers.

when they make it inside, scarlett checks her phone and sees a missed call and a voicemail from chase. she stops walking and stares at it. he called her? left a voicemail? should she click on it? she riches her finger to the notification, but her finger freezes as she heres a voice.

"don't," is all nick says, having looked at her phone as he walked by. "not a good idea."

she nods with an exhale and slips her phone into her pocket. it's 10pm. the time.

"scar," she hears a voice call her name, and she looks up and sees a water bottle thrown from matt come her way. she catches it. "we're gonna go to nick's room."