I Chopped Down a Tree While Sword Fighting

Swish, swish, my sword went. It was a sunny morning at Camp Half-Blood, all of the campers with a sword or a book. Luke fell down when I hit him with my sword. "You got better, Annabeth." he said.

I felt my cheeks burn. All I could managed was a "Thanks."

Luke was the son of Hermes. The god of messange, medicine, and travel. He was 19, in Cabin 11. I was in Cabin 6.

"I should train more." Luke said, getting up from the ground.

"But I'll beat you still," I said. "My mom is Athena."

"Oh, shut up."

"No, you should." 

We both started to chuckle. "Campers! Supper time!" Mr. D said, in his usual unhappy voice.

All of the campers sat at their table, eager for our supper. I leaned over to my plate and stared at the food. Barbecue. Bread. Cheese. And fruit. I looked at my empty glass and thought of what I wanted to drink. "Sprite." I said.

The bubbly yellow liquid sizzled in my cup. Perfect. Now for the offerings for the gods. I take a roll and walked up to the fire in the pavllion. "To Athena." I said and I tossed the bread and walked off.

I settled back into my seat and I noticed Clarisse looked at me. "What?"

She smirked. "You look like an idiot." she spat, as her cabinmates giggled.

I touched my blond curly hair. In my curls' place, was a frizzy nest. I straightened my hair with my fingers.

"See?" Clarisse said. "I told you the truth."

"Erre es korakas!" I said in Greek. 

Clarisse rolled her eyes. "Whatever, Annabeth. Only pipsweaks say that."

"Fine," I said. "I challange you to a sword fight."

"Oh sure, Wise Girl. I am the daughter of the god of war." Clarisse bragged.

After our supper, I took a sword and turned around. Clarisse was polishing her spear. "About to admire you reflection?" I hissed.

"Not really," Clarrise said. "I waiting to dig it into your body."

Both of us circled around waiting to attack. I ran to her and pointed my sword to her. She dodged and put me on my back. "I see, Wise Girl," she growled. "You think that you're so smart. Well let me tell you something."

I punched her and she lets go of me. When I'm about to cut her arm, my sword jamed into a tree and it fell over.

Clarisse brushed of the grass on her camouflage jacket. Her friends helped her immediately. She stood up laughing. "Oh, Annabeth!" she chuckled. "Were you training to chop down trees? Soon you'll chop Thalia in seconds!"

When I was about to burst out in Greek, I hear roar from the outside of the camp and I thud.

It was the Minotaur.