𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞.

Bianca was not crazy

Bianca was not crazy. In fact, she was far from it. The visit from a goddess had simply shaken her, that was all. Because when the Goddess of Victory asked you for help and said she believed in you, what were you supposed to do? Decline it?

Well, this favor was one Bianca wished she had asked the Goddess about. But the words 'I believe in you' were ones Bianca had not heard in so long, so she had accepted without question. 

Was that dumb of her? If she had known there was a possibility of death, would she have accepted it? She knew this quest could save the world (or end it, if failed), but she did not think she would be asked for help by a goddess! Would she have accepted if she knew?

Bianca didn't particularly care about death. It was another one of those 'if it happens, it happens' types of things to her. She did not care if she died; what happened, happened. That had been her mindset since forever.

Bianca looked at her enemy in the eyes and frowned. Apate, she thought. Goddess of Deceit. How do I beat her?  An idea formed in her head then, but it was risky and relied on her being able to trick the literal goddess of Deceit. 

Bianca put on her best confused expression and tilted her head to the side. "Lady Apate," she whispered softly. "Do you know where my father is? I was sent here by the goddess of Victory to find him, but all I found was you. Did she lead me to my inevitable death?" 

This was not a lie. Bianca had been sent by Nike to find her father, and all she had found was the goddess of Deceit. Bianca did not lie, she just disguised her true intentions in asking her questions. If Apate detected a lie, then Bianca would know what it was.

The goddess tilted her head to the side as well. "Yes, dear. No god was never here; you have been led to a trap. Do you know why?" She asked. Bianca planted her feet on the ground and resisted the urge to smile.

The goddess was not telling the full truth. Apollo had been here, it was not in the Goddess' nature to tell the truth. So when the Goddess said that no God had been there.. she was lying. Because there had been a God.

Now, Bianca just had to make it out of here alive.