Eternally Yours

June 16th, 1923

     Dearest María,

     There is something we must confess. In our time together since you left us for the beauty and wonders of Spain, we have grown far closer than we could have imagined, and have fallen in love. We realize our kind of love is not often approved of, but we hope you can accept us for who we are, and know that we are still the same foolish boys who fell in love with you.

     Despite being in love with one another, we find that we both still love you dearly, as we always have. If you are amenable, we would like to extend to you an invitation to join our relationship. Again, we realize such a relationship is unconventional and generally frowned upon, but we can deny our love no longer. We have told no one else of the nature of our relationship, and would tell no one should you agree to partake in it.

     We hope you at least consider our proposal, and should you refuse, we would like to be able to remain friends as we were. However, if you no longer wish to associate with us, know that tho we will miss you, we shall respect your wishes. We agreed that no matter the result, this was something we had to tell you. No retreat, no surrender.

     Eternally yours,
     Manolo and Joaquin