009, 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

DEAR, EX

I THINK I'M IN LOVE kat dahlia

scar falls into chris' embrace, having missed it for months on end. his eyes slightly widen in shock at the motion, but he welcomes her in and wraps her arms around her.

as he genuinely realized what's happening, he clutches onto the back of her shirt as she rests her head on his chest. he doesn't want her to let go, and she feels the same way as they hold onto each other.

it's been months since they've even bothered to speak to each other. and now they're finally in each other's arms again. she's not thinking about her reputation for what happened with chase. she's not thinking of chase at all. she's thinking about chris, how much she missed him.

she wants to tell him how much she missed him. no matter how much she said it's his fault, she always blamed herself every time. how she thought if she was a better girlfriend, he could've trusted her to be there for him. or if she tried harder.

before she opens her mouth to say anything, "i missed you so much." he mumbles, and she pulls away from him. she still has her arms wrapped around his neck, and he still has his arms around her waist.

but now they're looking at each other. close-up. her expression stings chris, her face being tear-stained and her eyes being glossy.

they keep their eyes locked together, the only thing providing a source of vision is the moonlight shining through the small window.

the sparks that scarlett felt while they were dating returns. and that's when she moves her hands to the sides of his neck and swiftly tilts her head up, pressing her lips against his.

a whole zoo breaks out in her stomach when their lips collide. his hands that are resting on the small of her back pull her closer. and closer, he doesn't want to be separated from her, not ever again.

his hands move to her waist as his eyes finally shut, any shock flying away, now being taken over by love and whatever hope was lingering after their breakup.

she slowly pulls away from him, her eyes opening. he opens his aswell, and is immediately falling in love with her all over again.

"i'm sorry," they both say at the same time.

chris furrows his eyebrows at her. "what are you sorry for?"

"i lowkey became a bitch." she shrugs. matt helped her realize that.

he doesn't wanna agree, but she's completely right. "and i'm so—"

"don't apologize." she cuts him off with a shake of her head, causing him to stop himself. "i thought changing myself and getting new friends would help me get over you. but, obviously, it didn't."

"i love you, scarlett." he says, and she stare up at him, adoration in her eyes.

"i love you, christopher." she replies, saying his full name, just like he did to her.

have they made up? is the pain over now? will they get back together and be happy again?

millions of questions run through her head as he grabs her hand. she looks at their hands, then him and a smile forms on her face.

and, finally, they love each other again.

the next morning, scarlett opens her eyes to seeing chris by her side.

they went to his room and fell asleep in each others arms the night before.

she scoots away from him, careful not to wake him up. she memorized exactly how to do that a year ago, and it stuck in her head.

when she gets out of bed, she makes sure chris is still asleep as she exits his room and walks downstairs.

when she reaches the kitchen, she sees matt, nick, and marylou.

matt and nick are side-eyeing her, knowing she came out of chris' room.

but marylou smiles and approaches her, pulling her in for a hug. "marylou, hi!" she smiles, returning the brief hug.

"how long has it been? five months?" she asks.

"six," scar politely corrects her.

"it's great to see you. i have to go, though, jimmy and i have plans." she says, and scar nods before marylou walks out the house.

scar sighs and turns to matt and nick with tight lips.

"so?" nick asks. "what happened?"

"we made up." she shrugs, not wanting to say too much.

"so, what, you guys are dating again?" matt asks as chris walks into the kitchen. matt falls silent as he looks at him, and scar turns around.

it's gonna be awkward. he only said he loved and missed her because he was tired. he only returned the kiss because— "good morning," he smiles at her, pulling two bowls out of a cabinet.

she sighs and smiles, a heavy wave of relief washing over here. "morning." she nods. they lock eyes and he looks at his brothers before looking back at her.

he walks over to her and briefly kisses her cheek, just like he used to do once in the mornings when they dated. he then grabs a box of cereal and begins making himself what seems to be two bowls of cereal.

"what the fuck." nick says, staring at the two.

"that answers the question." matt says.

"we're not dating, matt." scarlett sighs, wishing they were dating.

chris wishes the same.

he walks over to her, handing her a bowl of cereal. it's made the exact way she likes it, the perfect amount of cereal and milk. she never even told him how she liked it, he just observed.

he smiles at her as they sit next to each other at the island counter, and she simply admires him until the two are fully seated.

she never fell out of love.

how could she?