010, 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐚

DEAR, EX

BAD IDEA! girl in red

after breakfast, scar insisted on going home.

she didn't want to overstay her welcome, which she feels like she already did.

as she was leaving the house, chris walked her to her car.

"you better text me," he says.

she smiles, turning to him. "unblock me and i'll think about it."

he looks down with a slight smile, leaning on the side of her car. he pulls out his phone, then shows her the fact that her number is already unblocked. "i've had it unblocked for 4 months, i wanted you to text me." he easily admits, feeling as if he got the old scar back. his scar.

her smile falters as she thinks of all the times she almost texted him, then backspaced it all. why didn't she just send it?

he notices her change in expression, so he moves his one of his hands from his phone and to her arm. he pulls her closer and moves his hand to the back of her hair, briefly kissing her forehead.

when he pulls away she almost falls at the way he looks in her. it's as if there's no one else in the world. he mindlessly plays with her hair before she pulls him in for a casual hug.

'casual', but they're holding on almost as tight just as they were the night before.

"i'm so glad we made up," she exhales. "i missed you."

"i missed you more." he says. they pull away from each other. "be careful,"

she pulls out her keys and rolls her eyes as she opens the door. he says that every time. when her mom grounded her, she never gave back her driver's license. so now, she has to be a perfect driver. not a mile over the speed limit.

"and i'm not saying that because of the license thing," he assures her. "just be careful." he nods.

she smiles before sitting into her car. "bye, chris. i'll text you,"

he returns the smile as she shuts her car door and drives away.

in abour five minutes, she looks in her rearview to see herself being tailed by a cop.

she groans. chris must've jinxed it.

she pulls over. the cop stops behind her, and a man approaches the window. she rolls it down.

"ma'am," he says. "license and registration please?"

"may i ask why?" she tilts her head in confusion.

"you were driving twenty miles over the speed limit." he tells her, and she swallows the lump in her throat.

"i, uh—" she looks down, then back up. "i don't have my license."

he sighs. "well, then, i'm gonna need you to step out of the vehicle. what's your name?"

"scarlett wheeler." she tells him, opening the car door and shutting it behind her.

not enough to hurt, yet not gently, he turns her around and presses her against the car. "scarlett wheeler, you're under arrest."

"what?!" she furrows her eyebrows as he handcuffs her. "for what?" she exclaims.

"driving without a license." he pulls her to his own car.

"what—" she stammers. "sir, i have a license. it's just not on me."

he ignores her before opening the backseat of the police car door. "watch your head." he informs her as she sits down, her lips parted.

she lets her head fall backward as she sighs.

"there's a number you can call," scarlett says to the cop, placing her hands on the bars of her cell. "please, he can bring my license. and my registration."

the cop looks at her, then walks over to a wall where a phone is. "what's the number?" his voice is monotone.

she spells out chase's number. "let me talk to him." there's no way she could call chris or her mom. her mom would freak, and chris would, too. and chase may be mad at her, but if he had to, he'd bail her out.

the cop glares at her, then sighs and hands her the phone. he crosses his arms.

"hello?" chase asks, having heard the AI voice that informs him he's being called by a station.

"hey, chase." scarlett sighs.

he pauses. "scarlett? what the fuck?"

"don't get mad—"

"don't get mad?!" he cuts her off. "what the hell are you doing locked up?"

"i was speeding and i didn't have my license on me."

"fuck." he groans. "you're such an idiot, you know that?"

"chase, just go to my house and ask my mom for it. don't tell her i'm here, just say i'm in your car waiting or something. then bring it to the station."

he sighs. thinks. "i'll be there as soon as possible." he grumbles before hanging up.

the moment she pulls the phone away from her ear, the cop snatches it from her hand and places it back onto it's holder before crossing his arms again. he continues to watch the people in the cell with scar.

soon enough, chase marches into the building, angrily approaching the front desk lady. "hello," he calms himself, plastering a smile on his face. "i'm here for scarlett wheeler."

she smiles and nods before typing in her name. "right over there," her high-pitched voice annoys him as she points to a pair of double doors, which are being guarded by a cop.

after getting scanned by a metal detector, emptying his pockets, and getting scanned again, he's finally let through. he doesn't see scarlett anywhere, just another desk.

he rolls his eyes and approaches the new front desk lady. "hello, i have something for inmate scarlett wheeler." he clenches his jaw at the word. inmate.

"yup, hand it here," she smiles. she was told by the cop that someone would be coming for her.

he pulls out her license and registration, then hands it to her.

"she should be discharged within 20 minutes if everything works out, you can wait over there." she points to a set of chairs.

three hours later, chase is finally walking out of the police station with scarlett.

"i had to wait for fucking hours." he practically growls the sentence and the grasp on her wrist tightens. "you're so immature. i don't know why you didn't ask me or alaina or tessa for a ride. instead, because of you being an idiot," he tightens his grasp even more as he pulls her to walk quicker. her eyes briefly widen, then they squeeze shut. "i had to get you out of prison. fucking prison."

"i'm sorry," she says. "please let go, they weren't gonna keep me. just until you brought the license."

he only lets go, but because they reach his car. the two face each other, and he pushes her backwards a bot. "you're such a bitch." he snaps, and she looks at the ground all over again, the stinging on her face returning. "get in the car!" he shouts, and she quickly gets into the passenger seat as he drives her home.

she regrets calling him. all he does he yell.