𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒗. twenty-four

༺❦༻

❝ on again, off again, love you
like OXYGEN. you don't know
what i'd do, FOR YOU !

habits, genevieve stokes.

tw: mentions of blood, knives ect.
proceed with caution.

ROBIN WOKE UP to the sound of muffled screams. the last thing he remembered was being beaten until he couldn't take it anymore and everything went black. he tried to move but felt every part of his body ache, and he couldn't even open his hands without doing it slowly.

he opened his eyes to find himself still in the basement. for fucks sake.

he continued to hear the muffled screams and slowly sat up, turning his head to see the source of the sounds. his eyes landed on jaelin in the corner who was trying to break what looked to be handcuffs around her wrists whilst her mouth was taped shut.

they soon made eye contact and jaelin gestured her head from him to behind him whilst saying a muffled sentence. "behind you!" was what it sounded like.

he furrowed his brows before looking behind him. there was the grabber standing behind him, ready to stab him from behind. luckily, robin was able to move away at the last second.

robin got up and was already planning on putting up a fight. the grabber grunted in frustration before lunging towards the teen boy.

unfortunately, his luck could only go on for so long. robin was able to keep him away and land a few hits, but his previous injuries and aching body made it much more difficult. the grabber was able to wrap his arm around his shoulders and put the knife against his throat.

"one move and i'll slit your throat." he then moved his head towards jaelin, "then it's her next."

robin made sure to stay still, no matter how much he wanted to fight back. he met jaein's eyes again and noticed how red and puffy they were. her hair was all messed up as she sat there with her shoulders down, breathing heavily.

he felt bad for her; it was remarkable how robin was able to think about her when his life could be taken within a second. yet, all he was thinking about was how jaelin didn't deserve any of this.

jaelin could easily read robin's thoughts. before her mother took the alcoholic path, she would always tell jaelin how the eyes were a gateway to people's thoughts. once you know how to enter, you could read them like an open book.

jaelin noticed the sympathy and guilt in his eyes, and that's what confused her. robin's life was on the line, and yet he still cared for her. was scared for her. sympathetic for her.

it was truly baffling.

"jaelin, since you're the guest of honour, you can choose where i simply...impale him." the grabber told her in a low tone.

jaelin tensed. wherever robin would get stabbed, would all be down to her. she tried to steady her breathing whilst shaking her head no. robin clenched his fists from beside him. the fact that the grabber put this kind of pressure onto her was unbelievable.