bike riding

request from Evelynheartsu. she also requested that I used her name for the story! So I will be using Evelyn instead of Y/N.

your both 12 in this story.

Evelyn's POV:

Creeeek The sound the front door made when she got home.

" Evelyn! Come downstairs I got you a present! " My mom spoke.

" Coming! " I replied.

I got out of my bed and running down the hallways to see a wrapped big box and my mom.

" Ooh! What is it? " I said
" Open it to figure it out! " my mom giggled

I rush to open the present, wrapping paper flying everywhere. My eyes widen in shock and my jaw drops open.

ITS A BIKE!

I always wanted a bike since I was a little kid, but my mom never had enough money. My best friend, Griffin has a bike. I always wished I could go bike riding with him.

" I thought we didn't have enough money? " I questioned

" Well, my job gave me a raise " my mom exclaimed happily. " and now, you can go bike riding with Griffin! "

I drop my mouth AGAIN in realization. " Can I call him, pleasee " I spoke, knowing she'll mostly say 'no' because I'm not allowed to use it.

" sure! " she said.
" thank you, thank you, thank you! " I said hugging her.

I soon run off to the phone and dial the Stagg's residence.

" Hello, Stagg's residence. " Im assuming his dad said

" Hi! Can I talk to Griffin, I'm a friend from school. " I spoke.

" Griffin! Someone's on the phone for you! " I heard the other line say.

" Hello? " I hear Griffin say.

" Hi Griffin! It's Evelyn! " I say proudly

" Evelyn? But I thought you weren't aloud on your house phone? " He said

" That doesn't matter right now, but what matters is that I got a new bike! " I replied with.

" Wait really! Now we can go bike riding together! " He exclaimed

" Yup! " I said popping the 'p'. " And speaking of bike riding , can we go right now? "

" Yeah! Meet me on Main Street! " He said - I'm assuming - excitedly

" Okay! " I said happily before ending the call. I had a crush on my best friend, Griffin Stagg, since 5th grade.

I start unboxing my bike and fixing the pieces.

" Mom I'm going out with Griffin! " I yell so she can hear, as she went in her room.

" Okay! Be careful " she yells back

" I will! Love you! " I yell, before slamming the door.

I start peddling the bike - wow for a beginner , I'm not bad - to Main Street, where I see Griffin.

" Hi Griffin! " I say excitedly!
" Hi Evelyn! "

We hug each other and then we're off on our bikes. I look at Griffin, to see him concentrating on not crashing his bike.

As - almost - night falls, we start peddling back.

" Can I bike you home? " Griffin says
" Oh um, sure! " I said.

We finally get to my house and get off our bikes, I unlock my front door with the key under the mat. " thanks for biking me home Griffin "

" No problem! " He said

I look and him, screw it. I kiss him on the cheek and say " Call me when you get home " he just nods in shock. I giggle

I get in the house, wave goodbye and close the door.

5 minutes later

Still Evelyn's POV:

Riiinnggg I hear the phone ring and I pick it up.

" Hey Ev, I just wanted to say I'm home now. " Griffin said

" Oh, good to know that your home, now that it's dark. " I said

" I have to get going to bed now, goodnight Ev " He said.

" Goodnight, Griff " I hear him groan at the nickname and hang up the phone.

Today was the best day of my life.

_____________________________________

625 words, wow

Also very much thanks to Evelynheartsu

Here's a picture of Banks!