1. my bad, new guy

Tate

Crowded rooms at parties have always made me feel uncomfortable. The colliding of bodies, the sprinkling of liquor and sweat in the air, the loud shouting in my ears as I pushed my way through the horde of drunk and dancing teenagers.

I've already lost count on how many people have unapologetically barged into me as I attempted to find a less congested space in this ginormous house.

I should have just stayed home and watched Netflix.

Coloured strobe lights flickered all around as the DJ began to play a remixed version of I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas, which seemed to cause the crowd to roar.
Finally, after what felt like a thousand years, I managed to reach the foyer which was less populated than other parts of the house, thank god.

"There you are!" Brian yelled as he teetered towards me and embraced me in a half hug. Of course he's already drunk. "Where have you been?"

Is he serious?

"Where have I been?" I pushed his shoulder slightly. "You're the one who said you were going to get a drink an hour ago and never came back." I looked down at both of his hands. "Never got that drink, either."

"About that." He paused, stifling a laugh. "I kind of got distracted...." His eyes glanced over towards the staircase to where a blonde haired girl walked down the steps, readjusting her peachy dress.

"Kelsey?" I questioned, my mouth agape. Out of all the girls at this party, he hooked up with Kelsey Benton? "She hooked up with you?"

"I'm not meant to tell anyone, so shhhh." He shouted in a whisper. Now that makes sense. There's no way Kelsey would ever admit to hooking up with anyone that isn't a member of the football team.

"What about you?" He poked me in the shoulder, his deep brown eyes staring into my soul. "Did you hook up with any girls, or guys?" I scoffed, taking a gander at the people all around us. "What do you think?"

"I think you should pick someone with a body and hook up with them, after you get their consent, of course." He advised, as if the world was about to end and the only way to save it was for me to hook up with someone.

"I think I might just go and get a drink." I took my leave and headed towards the kitchen, where a bunch of kids were playing beer pong on the dining table. The countertop was littered with college cups, a variety of liquors and with a few bowls filled with snacks.

I reached for the first bottle I saw, which was some kind of fancy Vodka, and proceeded to mix it with strawberry Fanta. Let's hope this doesn't taste as awful as it smells.

I take a swig of the concoction I had just made, swishing it around in my mouth before swallowing it. It's not entirely terrible, not exactly great either.

I turned to head back towards Brian, who was waiting in the foyer, dancing to the music, when a fight suddenly breaks out in front of me. I jump backwards, startled to the core as the two guys wrestled each other towards me.

"FIGHT!" I hear someone shout loud enough to wake the dead.

Soon enough, everyone began circling the dining and kitchen areas to watch the fight, pulling out their phones to record whilst cheering. What is wrong with people?