Xian! Xian!

"Xian! Xian!"

A little boy called out excited, while running to the man dressed in red and black, tripping on his way there. Luckily the man caught and picked him up with ease.

"A-Ying, be careful"

"Xian you're back" Ying giggled, hugging xian tightly.

"Of course I am A-Ying, didn't I promise I'd come back?"

"Yeah, but it took you l-long" the little boy stumbled over the words from trying to talk faster than he could. "I missed you xian"
And once again the boy hugs the Yilling Patriarch tightly.

"I'm sorry I was this late, Xian has been a little busy lately" Wei Wuxian strokes the boy's head.

"Xian let's play!" The little boy jumped up and down.

"Alright A-Ying"

"Kill the Yilling Patriarch"
Wei Wuxian heard them yelling outside, he was happy ying couldn't hear it.

He knew his life was near the end. Jin Zixuan was dead, Wen Qing and Wen Ning were gone, Jiang Cheng was hurt, shijie was killed. All because of him. He hurt them.

"Xian, why are you crying" Ying said as he wiped the man's tears with worry written on his face.

"It's nothing A-Ying"

"Then why are you crying? Are you hurt? Did a dog scare you?"

"No, no A-Ying" Wei Wuxian calmed the little boy down. "I'm just happy to be spending time with you" He lied.

"You are?" Ying's eyes lit up.

"I always am"

Ying smiled so brightly, that it almost blinded Wei Wuxian.
"A-Ying, are you sleepy?" He asks, noticing his little yawn.

"A bit"

"Why don't you rest for a bit?"

"Will you be here when I wake up?" A-Ying looked at him with hopeful eyes.

"I promise I won't leave you A-Ying" Xian kissed his forehead. "Just close your eyes"

"Alright" Ying cuddled up into his warm embrace before slowly dozing off.

Then he could see Lan Wangji trying to lift him from the edge of a cliff, but Wei Wuxian had made his decision. He would die that day.
"Lan zhan, let go"

"No"

Then he saw Jiang Cheng, his heart ached.

Soon he forced his hand out of Lan Zhan's grip. He was falling, but there was a smile on his face. He was back to little Ying.

Then everything went dark.

Who was this little boy?

The last bit of the innocence, that they ripped out of Wei Wuxian, left. He was none other than a six year old Wei Ying.