011, 𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐨𝐭

DEAR, EX

FOOL frankie cosmos

FOOL frankie cosmos

when scar gets dropped off by chase, he walks her to her door. she keeps her head low, not wanting to look at him. remembering everything he's done to her, and yet everything he's done for her. but she doesn't want to be yelled at again.

when they reach the door step, he stops her as he reaches the door.

his hand reaches the side of her arms, his touch causing her to flinch. his hand against her skin causes discomfort. he turns to her and uses his thumb to stroke her arm, and she flinches at his touch. "look at me." he softly says. "don't be mad, i'm sorry." he places his fingertips on her chin and tilts her head up, making her stare up at him. "i've just had a long day, okay?"

excuses.

he brushes her hair behind her ear. "i need to get inside." she mutters to him, looking down, refusing to meet eyes with him.

she attempts to go for her door again, but he stops her.

"i'll come in with you." he offers, and she shakes her head. no way, no way, no way.

"no, it's okay," she says before swiftly opening her front door and walking through, shutting it, and even locking it behind her.

she turns around and sees him briefly locking eyes with her through the small window of her door. he then spins around on his heel, shoving his hands into the pockets of his black jeans.

he doesn't spare another glance as he gets into his car, quickly driving off.

for some reason, she regrets not letting him in.

chris ; scarlett

scarlett : am i unblocked now

chris : yes you are

scarlett : helloo

chris : hey scarlett, wyd?

scarlett : nothing rlly, sorry i took so
long to text

chris : dw about it, wanna hangout with me
nick and matt on wednesday? we're going to
target

scarlett : ain't no way you remembered
that target's my fav store

chris : maybe i did maybe i didn't

scarlett : yes i wanna hangout with u guys

chris : alr i'll see u then & at school soon

scarlett : byeee

she smiles at her phone.

maybe everything could go back to normal.

scarlett gets into chase's car. alaina smiles at her. "hey!"

as scar shuts the door, she smiles in return, then waves at tessa, who got shotgun. "hi," she nods. "a lot happened this week. chase had to get me out of jail." a heavy exhale escaoes her lips as chase begins driving.

"...what?" tessa asks, eyebrows furrow. she slightly shakes her head in confusion.

"i got pulled over for speeding and had no license. i just had to be in like... a waiting cell until chase came and showed them my license and registration. they let me off the hook with a warning." she shrugs, taking a bite of the muffin that her mom handed her as she ran out of the door earlier.

"oh," alaina nods. "i knew that would happen eventually." she simply states, her arms rising in a shrug then falling back down as she pulls out her phone.

"pretty sure we all did." chase buds in from the drivers seat. "i just didn't think i'd be the one to get you out."

"chase, don't be a baby," tess gently slaps his hand, which is resting on the compartment that separates the driver and passenger.

"i'm not," he moves his free hand to the wheel. "it was just a waste of time. she shouldn't have been speeding."

old scar would never speed.

matt's voice runs through her head.

she'd never ever ever get arrested.

she closes her eyes, trying to push it away.

and she would never call chase fenton for help.

"we're here." chase announces.

scar snaps out of it. she gets out of the car, alaina following behind her. chase, of course, catches up and throws his arm around scarlett's shoulder. of course.

when the cold breeze of the AC from the school building hits her, she sighs. they all four step into the school and immediately, a pair of eyes finds her.

chris is leaning against his locker, arms folded over his chest. both matt and nick, and maia, glare at scarlett.

but chris just stares in defeat. of course. once you go ACTS, you never go back. he should've known she was popular and stuck-up, just like she's been for months.

he feels like an idiot.

he grabs a textbook from his locker before slamming it shut, sparing one final glance. his look went from pain to anger. frustration. she lied to him, that kiss meant nothing.

he doesn't look again as he walks off, his friends following behind him.

as she tries to get away from chase and follow him, matt notices and shakes his head.

he's the only one who knows what's going on.

but scarlett deeply wishes that it was chris.

a/n

ik this chapter is so short im sorry 😭😭