44

Alanna's POV

Alanna's POV

"I just got an apartment" My eyebrows scrunched together. "An apartment?"

"Yes Alanna, an apartment? We're going to live in it" I couldn't smile even though I was somehow proud of him for moving a step closer to adulting. And maybe improving.

"We're moving tomorrow, get your things together, if you need some things from your mom's house let me know so I could take you to get them.

Tomorrow came fast, too fast and by the time I knew it, we were packing our things. My mom had left giving me time to gather anything else I had left there. She did not want to see me knowing it would be best for both of us.

We got back to his place and My few boxes were completed and packed. Everything was happening so fast. I haven't even mentally prepared myself yet.

"Why are you just sitting around?"

"Because I already packed everything Trey" I sighed and folded my arms sitting on his bed,

"Then pack my stuff too"

"Trey I'm so tired please give me a break for once. I've been through enough"

"You haven't been through anything. Stop blaming other people for what you brought upon yourself" I wasn't going to talk back. He'd probably break my nose this time.

I just went and started throwing his stuff in a box.

"Stop being so damn heavy-handed. If you break my ps5 I'll break your fucking neck" I chuckled because I thought it was funny. I knew he was telling the truth but it was funny how true he was.

Our whole relationship turned out to be a joke. I can't believe I only saw the good in him. There wasn't any good, it was just him faking a persona to make me fall in love with how he was. It was all coming together now.

_____

"Our jobs done sir, everything is placed as you want it right?"

"Yeah" Trey handed the movers their money and they drove off in their truck.

"Unpack these boxes and put shit away. I'll be back later"

"Where are you going? I can't do all of this myself"

"Why not?"

I shook my head and watched him leave through the front door.

This apartment was beautiful but I knew I wouldn't enjoy its beauty constantly being controlled by Trey. It outlooked the city and was any barely legal adult's dream apartment.

There were dozens of boxes and mess scattered around the place and all I could do was try to clean up little by little. There was no way I could put together this whole place by myself tonight after the long day I had but I promised myself I'd try for my safety. Because if I didn't I'd wake up with bruises tomorrow that wouldn't fade for a week.

The loud noise of the doorbell rang throughout the house and I tensed up thinking it was Trey. I slowly stood up and opened the door but it wasn't Trey. It was Illiana.

"Where's Trey? I'm not here for you?"

"He left Illiana"

"So why the fuck are you here? This is his apartment"

"Actually this is our apartment, as far as I know" I folded my arms and stared at her, but all of a sudden her face softened.

"You know something? Treys crazy, girl you broke my record. Seven months? Shit, I only lasted four. I just come for dick and money now and again. That's all he'll give me" I didn't respond.

"But to be honest I think Trey loves you. He just shows it a different way because that mother fucker drove me fucking insane, but he never put his hands on me"

So he's only doing this to me?

"You should leave him, but I know you won't. You have nowhere else to go. All I could say is good luck living here with him. It's about to get a lot worse"

I don't think it can get worse.

She walked off leaving me at the door alone again. I feel so alone and ashamed. I can't believe I got to this point. I went back to unpacking boxes.

Right when I opened a box, the doorbell rang again. And this time I knew it had to be Trey based on the heavy knocks.

But little did I know I actually wouldn't ever be opening that door again. 

I rushed to open the door only to see Police and men in white jackets all staring at me. Red and blue lights flashed from the window behind me. All I could think of was Trey. What did he do?

"Are you Alanna?" They were looking for me?

"Y-Yes"

"Your mom has called and told us about your domestic violence relationship that you cannot get out of. We do need to take you down to the station as we are still looking for Treylynd Williams"

They came behind me and put me in cuffs. "As far as we know You are the innocent one in this situation. We just need to talk to you"

"W-What is going on?" A tear fell down my cheek, this was finally it.

The cold leather seats of the police car were all I remembered during the ride to the station.  And that night I told them everything, and I didn't worry about Trey beating me when I told them.

I was numb to that.