𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊. twenty-seven

༺❦༻

❝ as much as it seems like
you own my heart, it's
ASTRONOMY, we're two
worlds APART !

astronomy, conan gray.

TWO DAYS WENT by, and it was now friday. everyday consisted of the grabber giving jaelin the usual breakfast and then leaving her alone. he didn't need to handcuff her, or even do anything since he knew she wouldn't be a problem. why?

because she had given up.

she was sat in the corner, not moving a muscle. she was blankly staring at her hands in her lap, which held robin's bandana. she wouldn't eat unless she absolutely needed to, and that was only two or three portions. she was like this ever since what happened. who could blame her?

the silence, the dried blood on the floor, the handcuffs laying in the other corner..it was like it was taunting her. laughing at her. repeating the words 'your fault' over and over again.

she still had the knife she hid from the grabber. at times, she picked it up and contemplated ending it all. she had nothing else to live for. would her mother even realise she was gone? would she care?

then again, that was her brain telling her to do it. her heart told her that she does have people who would care. her mind immediately thought of finney, gwen, donna, and maybe even robin's mother.

fuck, how would she react about everything?

jaelin didn't even want to think about that.

however, whenever she had it in her hands, it was like a force caused her to drop it each time. at first, she just thought it was because her hands were still numb and sore from the handcuffs, but it was an unusual force.

she would pick it up, and it was like something was ripping it out of her hands. or rather, someone.

after a couple tries, she gave up on the idea entirely, with her heart and the strange force winning over. still, that didn't mean she wasn't completely scarred and traumatised from the whole thing.

whilst she was sitting there, she was obviously unaware of the boy watching over her and trying to protect her as much as he could.

ROBIN WAS SITTING next to her, noticing her dispirited eyes. what once were brightened, joyous eyes were now filled with nothing but pure pain. ghosts couldn't normally feel emotions, but he felt worse than heartbroken.

yes, he may have gone through the same routine, and once had happiness during his last moments, but who's to say he couldn't still care for her? they were beyond each other's reach, but the good part about being a ghost is being able to watch over the people you love from afar.

the urge to speak to her through the phone grew more and more over the two days, but she just couldn't hear the rings. this annoyed not only him, but the others too.

they needed someone who was able to hear their calls, their stories, their voices. they wanted to help, even though no one helped them.