ɪɴᴛʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

HOODLIFE CRISIS

HOODLIFE CRISIS.!
(@SP3LLONY0U productions)

ANJELIA JINX MARTINEZ loves her life

That isn't something you'd ever really expect a teenage girl from new york city to say, but for her the words were true.

And it's not to say that times never got tough, because of course they did. Between her parents divorcing, missing her older cousin like crazy, and having to constantly stand up for herself against people who never even had a conversation with her; yeah, shit was tough.

But in her eyes, it could be worse. So she was chillin'. Thankful for everything she had, and truly thankful for the way everything had played out.

Anjelia, more commonly known as Jinx, is a fifteen year old girl who constantly strives for more. More happiness, more success, more money, more opps, it don't matter. More, more, more, more, more.

"Mo' money, mo' problems." Or whatever Biggie said forreal.

When Anjelia was six her parents, Kiara and Anthony, split up. It was a clean split between the two adults. Her mother was never a woman to hold grudges, and that didn't change when her father had sat her down one day and explained to her how he felt as if he was falling in love with another woman.

And of course Kiara was upset, any woman would be. However, Anthony could have lied to her, or cheated on her, but he didn't. Instead he told her exactly how he felt when he had realized, and that small, simple detail caused their situation to be a lot smoother than it would have been otherwise.

Anjelia never really had an opinion on the split, partially because she was so young when it happened. She never understood what was happening, all she knew was from one day to the next her father was no longer living in the same house as her. But that didn't mean that Anthony just up and left.