you're my best friend, i'll love you forever

████▒▒▒▒▒▒30%

[START — LOAD?]

An AI flickers on. Awake, and immediately down to work.

It was created by three.

A programmer, who mapped out their— her(?) brain. Gave her the code to dig deep, to create a world from nothing, to create somewhere safe for them to heal, to create their own image.

A therapist, who gave information for the software. To understand emotion and react accordingly, to feel themselves, to put into motion the steps for recovery.

And finally, a gamer. Though she did not contribute to the coding itself, the gamer provided something deeper. Something more human.

An identity. A link, across all their collective minds and memories. Good memories, a hope to strive for. A symbol. And a friend.

(A friend all of the Rem[ERROR]

[ERROR: NAME ERASED FROM RECORDS]

(A friend all of them had held close to their hearts.)

They— She(?) has imprinted herself within the code. Diving into the scape of the Neo World Program.

It— They— She.

She likes the term.

She.

A pronoun of her own.

Pronoun;
noun
i) The part of speech that substitutes for nouns or noun phrases and designates persons or things asked for, previously specified, or understood from the context.
ii) Any of the words within this part of speech, such as he or whom.
iii) A word used instead of a noun to avoid the repetition of it; a demonstrative word, pointing to a person or thing, but not describing it otherwise than by designating position, direction, relation to the speaker.

She was made to be an amalgamation of comfort and security to those being introduced into the system. All three creators worked to create the program that would a version of her whenever a new world was created.

Her form is one that will provide comfort to those within.

So many files, so many new friends.

She hopes.

Can she HOPE? She cannot DES[ERROR]

Chiaki blinks into the streams of data, and sighs. Time to get to work. She can worry about these thoughts — how interesting they were too — later.

Code exploded into reality and Chiaki's fingers danced and slipped in between the code, fixing up any problems or errors she could find.

She will bring her guests to paradise. She will help them, heal them. She will do her best.

She already is fond of them. She knows them, how could she not? But she looks forward to getting to know them.

[FINAL CHECKUP COMPLETE]

[NO ERRORS]

Good.

No more mishaps.

They're all ready for you, Nanami-san.

I'm ready too. Shall we begin?

[LOAD GAME?]

[YES]  |  [NO]

████████▒▒80%

██████████100%