Chapter x 7 [Book 1]

Killua woke up, sweating.

"Wait... it was..."

"Just a..."

"Dream?"

Killua frowned, very disappointed. But now, a new voice echoed in his head.

"Today's the day. Today's the day. Today's the day..."

Maybe the voice was right. Killua decided he was going to tell Gon.

"No... it's too soon..." he thought, again.

Well, he was still going to see Gon today, like what they decided on last night. So Killua got dressed for the day. Then, a couple minutes later, right after Killua pulled a pink vest over his head, he heard a knocking on the door.

He went the answer it, and let Gon in.

"Hi Killua!" Gon leapt forward and wrapped his arms around his best friend.

"Hi Gon. I didn't know you'd be coming so soon," Killua spoke.

"Sorry, I forgot to text you. But I was so excited to show you a small forest I found! I thought we could spend the day there instead," Gon responded quickly, eager to get going.

"Okay, okay! Just let me grab my stuff, and then we can go," Killua said, rolling his eyes.

The two departed around 10:00 am, They spent the day exploring together, the same way they did a couple years ago on Whale Island. And maybe they get entertained easily, but they spent the whole day there without getting bored. They restless as they climbed the trees and jumped from branch to branch, and aa they fished over a stream, chatting the whole time.

They'd run down the river, racing each other, and sit to rest in the sunset while there was a cool breeze. At night, they lit a fire and ate together, stargazing.

And for a moment, Killua saw a shooting star zoom across the night sky.

"Dud you see that, Killua?" Gon asked.

"Hmm? Saw what?" Killua questioned.

"The shooting star. My Aunt Mito told me that if you see a shooting star, you should make a wish," Gon said.

Killua turned to Gon. "Well, I heard that once too, Gon. And... I wished for..." Killua thought.

"I really enjoy being with you, Killua," Gon started. "And... I wished... that we could stay together. Forever, Killua! Just the two of us!" Gon exclaimed.

"Idiot! I thought I told you not to say embarrassing stuff like that!" Killua scolded.

Gon smiled and just hugged Killua.

"I want to stay with you, Killua," Gon said, in the most calming way possible.

Killua hesitated before speaking, not really sure what to say. But then, he finally spoke.

"I... do too, Gon..." Killua said slowly but surely.

The two boys looked up into the sky, lying down next go each other. They sat in silence, thinking about old memories. Bet before Killua shut his eyes, he reached for Gon's hand. He lightly placed his fingers in the grasp of Gon's palm.

And Gon, reacting immediately, gripped Killua's hand, holding it tight. Gon just grinned, happy he was there with Killua.

"Goodnight, Killua," Gon said softly.

"...Goodnight, Gon..." Killua whispered.

After Gon fell asleep, his hand still with Killua, you could hear faint words being spoken.

"I love you, Gon..." Killua said quietly.