Part 1 - A Disturbing Perspective

First AN

This is just a one-shot, and will most likely stay that way. I've split it into multiple parts, so this won't all just be one long chapter.

After going back and re-reading a Sekirei story called 'In Flight' by gabriel blessing, in one of the author's notes (at the start of the chapter) he mentioned that he had begun reading an old visual novel called 'Saya no Uta', or 'Song of Saya'.

After looking it up, and watching a playthrough of it on YouTube, I fell in love with it, the soundtrack too. Though I don't like horror too much, Lovecraftian stuff has always fascinated me.

The visual novel was written by Gen Urobuchi, the writer of Madoka Magica and published by Nitro back in 2003. Let that serve as a warning.

Oh, and this as well:

-STORY WARNING-

This fanfiction, as well as the original Saya no Uta should be read with caution. Both are full of gore, disturbing sounds, and many crimes against humanity and your sanity. Though, this story won't have the sounds, and less crimes against humanity.

-YOU'VE BEEN WARNED-

If you wanna know a general plot summary of Saya no Uta, and get some more insight of why I wrote this thing, read the Second AN at the bottom of the chapter.

—————

...

I had a dream last night.

No, not a dream, but a memory.

One from before that happened.

I stood in a city, burning to the ground.

I remember the heat... The sounds of the fire crackling... The light of the flame allowing one to see in the nighttime... The stars in the sky...

I was able to remember it all.

I even remembered what my little sister looked like.

A short girl, her long, red hair no longer clad in twintails.

Her hair flows to the ground, as she cries, her tears drying up from the intense heat of the flames that rage around her, but remain a distance away from her.

She wears a flamboyant kimono, that seems like it's made of translucent materials in places.
Huh... so that's what a kimono looks like?

"Oniii... chan?" She asks, hesitantly as she sees me. So that's what she sounds like.

She cries at me to stay away, but the younger me ignores her plea.

Her rushes towards her as a gout of flame blasts him, causing his body to impact the remains of a building.

My vision blurs... I hear voices...

My little sister, crying for me... She tells something, mentioning power... She didn't want something...

I suppose I'll never know, as the past me goes unconscious... My dream ends...

—————

"OniI-chAN!" A horribly distorted voice shouts as I am awakened from my slumber by something impacting my stomach.

"Kotori?!" I shout, looking at the thing I call my sister, standing on my stomach. Just looking at it disgusts me still.

The only way I can even tell that it's 'her', is the fact I've gotten used to hearing her voice.