Endure what is deserved . . .

BEWARE THE FURY
House of the Dragon

     Cressida Baratheon would not give her enemies the last laugh

     Her last months spent on Storm's End had consisted of a growing tension and displays of power. Borros––her younger brother––coming to realize years too late the threat she posed to his seat. Because Cressida, being the light in her father's eyes, was everything he wasn't. And it was only a matter of time before the rest of the Seven Kingdoms realized it.

     With enough anger to bring down a dragon, the siblings' love for one another turned into a bitter, rotten thing. So before they would tear each other apart, Boremund Baratheon had a decision to make. Send either Borros or Cressida to be fostered elsewhere, no matter how much it pained him.

     Being fostered had meant to be a temporary thing, but the younger Baratheons knew that whoever stayed would inherit Storm's End. It was only after their father received a letter from his own sister, Jocelyn Baratheon, that his choice was made.

     Like his aunt before her, Cressida was to make a home of King's Landing. And forget all about ruling over the Stormlands.

     Welcomed with open arms by the King and Queen, and striking a friendship with the Realm's Delight. Cressida found herself honored to be appointed as Princess Rhaenyra's lady-in-waiting.

     Cressida went from fighting to be her father's choice as heir, to answering the Princess's beck and call. Most thought her to have lost, another woman to be pushed behind a man. But she learned that power was a silent thing, a brewing storm if it was something to truly fear.

     Her fury gained strength with the closer to power she got, and her enemies wouldn't be warned before she swallowed them whole.

LADY CRESSIDA BARATHEON | The Silent Storm

She eats the hearts first, before they go bad as all hearts will

— Jessica D. Thompson

DISCLAIMER. i do not own house of the dragon or a song of ice and fire universe. however, i do own my original characters, their stories, & changes to the plot.

WARNING. canon complaint mature themes. death. blood. violence. strong language. sexual themes. mentions of sexual assault (not depicted). incest. sexism. adultery. & more (that i'm prob forgetting about).

NOTES. this fic is based off of the show with pieces of fire & blood. but it also strays from both a LOT specially in part 2 where the dance actually takes off.

rewarding cressida, she's literally daemon's mirror so being a good person is out of question for her. i still love her tho (and u should too).

DEEP DIVING IN HER BLOODLINE, she's a quarter velaryon coming from her paternal grandmother, dowager queen alyssa velaryon. the baratheon's come from orys baratheon, her great great grandfather, who was rumored to be the bastard brother of aegon the conqueror, so let's keep that in mind.😜

also, there's things from the show (mostly what the showrunners are saying) that i don't agree with regarding daemon's character. like his "quest for the crown" or wtvr, i believe his character to be more complex than that. so his reasoning for his actions (as other characters, too) will stray from the show slightly as the book goes on.

given that daemon & rhaenyra don't happen AT ALL in this fic, their children also don't happen so i've made accommodations for them to exist but w different parentage.

well i've been talking too much, ENJOY!!