25

𝐘/𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
It's been a week since getting back home from vacation and currently, we were all eating cereal, Shota still trying to get ready for work because professors all had to go in a month earlier for meetings, workshops, and all kinds of things that the man dreaded.

But I also had work today, my computer was already on and signed in.

"Mhm, we can go shopping for all of that on Saturday if you want," I say to Hailey, school is just a few weeks away, meaning she'd be starting kindergarten now.

"Can't wait to go shopping huh?" Shota asked Hailey, a smile on my face as I watched their interaction before I felt my stomach begin to turn, making me quickly get up and run to the bathroom making it just in time because I was beginning to throw up.

"Shit what happened?" Shota asked me, holding my braids out of the way as I gave him a slightly annoyed look before turning my head back to the toilet and throwing up again.

Eventually, I stopped throwing up, having to brush my teeth again.

"Are you sure you're fine now? That was a bit too sudden" Shota asked me "I'm fine Shota, maybe I just ate something bad" I shrugged, hearing a deep sigh leave the man's lips.

"You're coming to work with me" "huh? Why? I gotta work too" I state, not even expecting this reaction.

"You can work in my office at the school, but I want to make sure you're okay and not just stubborn," Shota says, making a wow leave my lips, only accepting today's arrangements because I was hungry and the man offered to get me food, the same offer going to Hailey who would never pass up the chance of food.

And so I had thrown on Shota's hoodie and sweatpants, ignoring how low they hung on my hips as I grabbed my things, seeing that Hailey was dressed the same as me.

"Ready to hang out with daddy today?" I asked the little girl, seeing a bright smile on her face.

"Yeah, plus he's gonna get us food" she stated, a chuckle from Shota coming from behind me "I'm glad to see that was a good bribe" he laughed, making me roll my eyes.

"You better stop laughing and come on," I say, about to head to the door till Shota placed a hand on my hip.

"Yeah, whatever you say" the man grinned before looking away from me to open the door so we could all go.

As promised Shota did make a stop to get me and Hailey breakfast before heading to the university.

There were already a few students there for the summer programs and GPA builder stuff, including the little friend group that thought skipping the first hour or two of their little program thing to talk to me and Hailey.

"You know you kids shouldn't be skipping like this," I say, taking a sip of my drink.

"Uh we're 22," Bakugou said "yeah and I'm sure you used to skip class like five years ago or something," Denki said, reminding me that I was almost thirty.

"I don't know about five years, I'm finna be thirty in a few months" I laughed "well thirty is still young, and you're gorgeous" Mina smiled at me.

"Don't you guys call me old all the time?" Shota asked, "that's different, right Hailey?" Kirishima asked the little girl, seeing her nod her head, Shoto visibly looked hurt till Hailey smiled and hugged him, saying that she was playing.

After a while the friend group had to leave, giving us a goodbye before heading off to do whatever.

Now for a while, Shota was just doing some paperwork and stuff while I worked as well, Hailey watching us both do our work, and the little girl also watching a Disney show on my phone.

"Oh Aizawa it's been so- oh" and just like that Emi had walked in, Hailey looking away from her thanks to me saying she'd turn her to stone a few months back.

"What is it Emi? I need to finish this work" Shota spoke with an annoyed tone, not when looking at the woman as I had just turned in a file that I had completed,  ow looking over at the woman.

"Well I was going to check in, but seems like you're busy" the woman spoke as if me and Hailey being there was a problem.

"Yeah, I am," Shota said dryly, Hailey laughing, making me have to put a hand over her mouth as I tried to hold back my own, noticing Emi glaring at us before leaving.

"Now why were you laughing?" I joked, seeing my daughter grin "cause daddy wasn't dealing with that weirdo" Hailey laughed "truest words I've ever heard" Shota nodded in approval.

After some time Shota decided he had done enough work, the rest being things he could easily finish later, the same being said for me, and so we had left to have lunch together, a weird knowing feeling in my chest after my stomach started to turn for no apparent reason.

But after stopping at the convenience store to get a test, I finally realized why I was acting so weird, but there were other plans for this news.

꧁꧂
𝐈𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝐖𝗼𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝗼𝐮𝐧𝐭: 899