•《Chapter XIII》•

Thirty Minutes After:

Arianna drove her way home, going twenty miles over the speed limit. Her mind was scrambled, thoughts running rampants to the point she couldn't even make out what to think. She had tears running down her face and a pain in her chest that grew the farther away from them she got. As soon as she pulled up to her house she saw her dad's car in the driveway and let out a sigh. As much as she loved her dad he'd go on a murdering spree if he even thought someone hurt her. She quickly pulled down her viser and opened the mirror to clean herself up a little bit. Wiping away the tears and smudged mascara. Giving herself a tight lipped smile before rolling her eyes at her attempt in looking okay.

Opening the door to her car after shutting it off and grabbing her purse, she made her way up to the house and unlocked the door. She tried being as quiet as possible and gently set her keys on the table right beside the door and shut it quietly behind her. After she locked the door she tiptoed her way toward the stairs only to be stopped by her fathers rough voice calling for her through from the living room.

"Arianna, is that you?" He called.

"Umm yea?" She slowly made her way to the living room to see her father sitting on the couch watching the news with a cold Pepsi in his hand.

"What are you doing home? I thought you were spending the weekend with the girls again?"

"Uh, they had a family emergency so I decided it'd be best if I came home." She answered by saying the first excuse that she could think of. Her father gave her a small nod not really believing her.

"You sure? Are you okay?" He asked, concerned. He knows his daughter and could tell she was hiding something.

"Yea," she nodded, giving him a tight lipped smile. "I think I'm just coming down with something, I'm gonna go to bed, I'm pretty tired."

"Okay honey, just yell for me if you need me okay?" Arianna gives him a smile before walking over and giving him a tight hug.

"Okay, goodnight dad. Love you."

"I love you too kiddo."

Day One:

Arianna woke up the next morning to her father knocking on her door. She looked at her clock on her beside table and realized she only had fifteen minutes before she had to leave. She let out a sigh and then grimaced in pain as a dull burning sensation flared up in her chest. Slowly she got up and made her way to the door. She was still wearing the pajamas that Rosalie had given her the prior night. As soon as she opened the door she was met by her father who looked concerned as soon as he saw her still in her night attire looking like complete shit.

"Are you okay kiddo?" He asked, he brought his hand up to her forehead and felt it. "You're burning a fever."

"I didn't even realize what time it was," She said, she walked away leaving her door open and started digging through her closet to find an outfit. Daniel walked into his daughters' room and looked around as it was a complete mess.

"Honey don't even worry about it, you're not going to school like this. You're burning a fever and to be honest you look like you just crawled up from hell." He told her, watching as she just stopped what she was doing and walked back over to her bed and sat down. "I'm gonna go make you some tea. I have to go to work here in a little bit but I'll prepare you some soup or something that you can just reheat later okay?" She gave him a quick nod and watched as he made his way out of her room. With a sigh she grabbed her phone off of her bedside table and looked through it. She had a few unread messages and decided to ignore them as she didn't feel like dealing with any of that right now.