➽Chapter 43

“Yes Adi bhai, I'll meet this new client! You can directly leave for home after the meeting with the Delhi's client

Yes Adi bhai, I'll meet this new client! You can directly leave for home after the meeting with the Delhi's client .” Dishank answered his Adhyan bhai's call.

The Chauhan brothers were planning to complete all the work as soon as possible to be able to enjoy Reyansh's first birthday and Erisha's godhbharai.

Dishank was on the way to meet their new client Mr. Prakash  unknown to the storm that is waiting for him.

Dishank beta, come home early today. We need to talk.” read her mother's message.

Replying with an okay, he then called his driver.

Yes Mr Prakash, I'll be there by 8.” Dishank answered the call.

Exactly at 8, Dishank was in a VIP lounge of a 5 star hotel waiting for his new client to enter. A few minutes later, a middle aged man entered with a nervous assistant tailing behind him.

Mr Chauhan! Hope you didn't have to wait for long.” the client shook Dishank's hands.  “I arrived just a few minutes back! Please get comfortable.”

The two sat and Mr Prakash signed towards his assistant to which he nodded before leaving them alone in the room.

So Mr Prakash, let's get to business!” Dishank said lightly, the way the man was staring at him was making him uncomfortable. It was like he was assessing him, waiting for an opportunity. This definitely made him feel a lot more inexperienced than he is.

Mr Prakash nodded and Dishank started his presentation, the two negotiated about the quotations and profit margins, everything was going fairly normal until Mr Prakash made a comment, “Mr Chauhan, you resemble your mother alot.”

“Excuse me?”

“Yes you are definitely a male version of Nandani.” Mr Prakash said with a smile which definitely didn't wasn't a great indicator.

Dishank was stunned for a second, initially he thought this person knew his mom but he had just misunderstood him, “Mr Prakash, I think you are mistaken! My mother is Nalini Chauhan not Nandani.”

“So she didn't tell you! Well I should have expected this from her, keeping a person away from his past is definitely one of her speciality. My son I don't let your mother fool you.” he said with a mock laughter.

Dishank definitely had no idea how to react on one hand he wants to defend his mother while on other hand he has no idea what this man is talking about. “Mr Prakash, I suggest let's stick to the agenda of this meeting. Let us not deviate from the contract and please I would like to request you to not involve my family in our professional work.” he said once he composed himself.

Oh sure! I apologise. Let us continue.” he said with a smile. The two continued their discussion and soon the assistant entered with a waiter behind him.

Sir, the food is ready!” he said meekly. “I'll let you know about the changes, once I discuss it with my team. Please enjoy your dinner.” Dishank said getting ready to leave.

The two formally shook hands before Mr Prakash leaned closer to Dishank and whispered in his ears, “Do ask your mother about your past and also tell her Prakash Sahu gives his regards. Don't believe everything she says, son.” he patted his back lightly before going back to his seat as if nothing happened.

Dishank left the lounge with various thoughts swirling in his mind, “Prakash Sahu? That letter P. N. Sahu, are the two same? Which past he is talking about? Why did he call me son? What does he know? Please God no more drama in our lives.”

He sat in the car, remembering the panic attack his mom had just by a mere name. “I need to talk to maa before my head bursts with confusion.”

As soon as he entered the house, he called for his mother and surprisingly she was waiting for him at the dining table. The more shocking thing was no one apart from her were to be found.

Maa, baaki sab kaha?” he asked. “Sushila Bhabhi aur Tripti satsang mein gaye hai. Adi aur Revati, Rey ko leke walk pe gaye hai. Ranveer bhaisaab Meher ko airport vhodne gaye hai. Teri biwi, Erisha ke room mein uske saath hai aur tere papa dawai le rahe honge room mei.” she replied and then added, “Tu baith, mein khana nikalti hu tera. Fir mujhe tujhse jaroori baat karni hai.”

“Mujhe bhi!” he said and silently ate the food his mother was feeding him. This reminded him of his college days where his mother used to feed him whenever he came late from classes. “Aaj itna pyaar kaise?” he asked and his mother glared and said, “Mein toh humesha hi pyaar karti hu tuje, khud se jyada! Bas aaj maan kia tuje khilane ka so khila rahi hu...” then added in a low voice, “Pata nai kabhi aage aisa mouka fir aayega ya nai”

“Maa ek question pucho? Gussa toh nai honge na? Agar aap mujhse itna pyaar karte ho toh mere khatir Vriti ko accept kyu nai karte? And please woh middle class family se hai ya aap ko love marriages se problem hai ye wale bahane mat dena. Asli wajah batao na..” he asked knowing that all the reason his mother gave during their 3 years of marriage were not true.

Nalini looked at him for a few seconds and then said, “Vritika ladki bohut achi hai. I would have definitely accepted her even if she was poor just for your sake Dishu. Woh aur koi bhi ghar se hoti toh meine usse khushi khushi apna lia hota par woh Advocate Prem Lakhani ki beti hai, uss insaan ka khoon na hoti woh toh mujhe koi problem nai hoti.”

This was something Dishank could have never guessed. He had thought of many reasons but he never thought his father in law would some how be the reason for his mother's hate for his wife.

He wanted to know about this more but somehow he felt this is all related to the past Mr Prakash was talking about and he for sure was going to find everything.

“Maa, I met a client today, he was talking about you. Do you know Prakash Sahu?” Dishank asked directly instead of beating around the bush.

Nalini wouldn't forget Prakash Sahu even in her nightmares. The man who took everything from her Dishank, the man she loathed. “It's time to tell him everything, before that man twists the situation and harms Dishank.” she thought.

He is your father Dishank!” she said and braced herself for his reaction.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

Guess who just updated out of nowhere? Its me!!
Also no jootas and chappals for cliffhanger.
I am not going to make you all wait more!!
There will be two updates today, so don't worry you'll know about Dishank's past today itself.

Lets hope, I give frequent updates?

Do vote, comment and share.

Love,
Writer!