➽Chapter 44

"Maa, I met a client today, he was talking about you

"Maa, I met a client today, he was talking about you. Do you know Prakash Sahu?" Dishank asked directly instead of beating around the bush.

Nalini wouldn't forget Prakash Sahu even in her nightmares. The man who took everything from her Dishank, the man she loathed. "It's time to tell him everything, before that man twists the situation and harms Dishank." she thought.

"He is your father Dishank!" she said and braced herself for his reaction.

Of all the answers he was thinking, this definitely wasn't one of them. "My father....but papa? Matlab I am not papa's son? Ma please jo bhi hai woh clearly boliye!" he screamed and his scream brought Rajveer and Vritika out.

"Papa, maa kyu aisa boli? Aap mere papa nai ho?" he rushed towards his father asking for an answer.

Rajveer always knew one day the truth will be out but he was never prepared for the broken look on his son's face. His son in all but blood.

"Bacha, yaha baith! Ye le paani pi. I know abhi hum jo batayege would definitely shake you to core but always remember you are our son, blood doesn't matter! You will always be Dishank Rajveer Chauhan." his father said making him sit on the sofa and motioned a confused Vritika to sit afterall Dishank needed her support.

"Listen everything before reacting beta!!" his mother pleaded. He saw his father reassuring his mother as if giving her confidence.

"You are Prakash Sahu's biological son. His son with my late sister Nandani Sahu. My sister was in love with an employee in my father's office, my father didn't approve their match and got her married to a son of an industrialist, that man was none other than your father Prakash. The man my father thought was an ideal match for my sister was a monster. He used to beat her with belt, sometimes even burn her skin for mistakes. One day he crossed his limits he invited his colleague home and in drunk condition the two raped her. My sister already knew she was pregnant with you at that moment and for your safety she finally ran away. We never knew about this because in front of us Prakash would act as an ideal husband. We found this out when Rajveer and I were in a government hospital for blood donation. The girl who was treated as a princess in her father's home was lying in a corner on a ward with no one to look after. We brought her back to my father's place and seeing her condition my father blamed himself and we lost him to heart attack. Prakash tried to bring her back many times but we were sure to get them divorced. Then you were born and finally, I saw a will to live in my sister's eyes. She named you Dishank! A boy showing her a new direction of life...." Nalini broke into tears talking about her beloved sister. Her husband, her ever calm and supportive husband patted her back and gave a reassuring smile.

Dishank on the other hand was in no better condition, Vritika just gave him a side hug and murmured, "I am with you! We are in this together Dish!"

"Nandani finally agreed to file a domestic violence case on him but till then Prakash knew about his son and filed for custody. My brother appointed his trusted friend Prem Lakhani as didi's lawyer. We were sure to win the case with the proofs and witnesses but at the last moment, Prem changed the sides he gave away the evidences for a certain sum of money and we lost the case. Prakash got the custody stating my sister was mentally unstable to take care of a child. Didi, couldn't handle this and she committed suicide and we weren't allowed to meet you since he filed a restraining order. Rajveer helped me keep a track on you. We waited for right time and then reopened the case and got your custody and put him behind the bars. He was in jail for 15 years before his release. Since Rajveer and I could never have children, we formally adopted you. Dishu, I am really sorry for keeping all this from you. Vritika, I know you won't believe me but do ask your father." Nalini completed and looked towards her son. It pained her heart seeing her jigar ka tukda crying so bitterly. All the memories of her sister's suffering and pain flashed in front her eyes.

"Pehle kyu nai bataya?" was all Dishank asked his parents with a blank face. "Why didn't you tell me about my mother? I hate you and I hate him and I.." he kept on whispering and then all of a sudden before any one could react he ran out of the house.

"Dishank beta! Woh mujhse nafrat karta hai." Nalini fell on the ground. Rajveer rushed towards her and motioned Vritika to follow Dishank.

"Raj, he hates me! He hates us...please usse samjaho..please usse wapis leke aao." she cried bitterly.

✦✧✦✧

Adhyan and Revati returned home only to find an unconscious Nalini on sofa and a doctor checking her.

"Chachu, kya hua chachi ko? Eri?" Adhyan asked his uncle and sister the only two other members present in the living room.

Erisha shrugged and said, "Mujhe nai pata mein so rahi thi and jab paani peene ke liye bahar aayi toh I found chachi fainted and chachu on call with doctor."

"Mein baad mein sab batata hu, Adi please jaa ke Dishank ko dhundo! Woh gusse mein ghar se bahar gaya hai, kuch ulta sidha na kar de woh. Vritika bhi gayi hai uske piche." Adhyan nodded and immediately left the house not before giving Revati a look to handle the situation at home.

Adhyan was tensed! He had never seen his chachu so drained. He had always been their strength, he was the one who stood by his side when Raghuvir's crime came into picture. Seeing him so defeated, didn't give a good feeling. He immediately called his mom and asked them to return home as surely Nalini chachi would require their help.

He tried calling both Vritika and Dishank but both their phones were unreachable and for the first time Adhyan Chauhan had no idea of what to do.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

Guys, as promised second update of the day!!
I know it turned to dramatic but I promise no more drama!
This is the last shock of the book!
From now onwards only happy scenes, which include Erisha's baby, Samay Meher love realisation and also Reyansh's chronicles.

Do vote, comment and share.

Love,
Writer!