➽Chapter 45

“Mein baad mein sab batata hu, Adi please jaa ke Dishank ko dhundo! Woh gusse mein ghar se bahar gaya hai, kuch ulta sidha na kar de woh

“Mein baad mein sab batata hu, Adi please jaa ke Dishank ko dhundo! Woh gusse mein ghar se bahar gaya hai, kuch ulta sidha na kar de woh. Vritika bhi gayi hai uske piche.”

Adhyan nodded and immediately left the house not before giving Revati a look to handle the situation at home.

Adhyan was tensed to say the least. He had never seen his chachu so drained. He had always been their strength, he was the one who stood by his side when Raghuvir's crime came into picture. Seeing him so defeated, didn't give a good feeling. He immediately called his mom and asked them to return home as surely Nalini chachi would require their help.

He tried calling both Vritika and Dishank but their phones were unreachable and for the first time in his life Adhyan Chauhan had no idea of what to do.

Adhyan thought of informing the police but they won't register missing report unless it is more than 24 hours.

Before he could think of anything further, he received a message from Vritika, “Bhaiya, he is fine with me. Don't worry, I found him at the abandoned park near our house. Aap ghar pe dhyaan rakhna.”

With a relieved sigh he made his way back home, eager to know about the truth behind the chaos. But not before typing a message to Vritika stating, “I don’t know what has happened but please remember and do remind Dishu too, both of you don’t have to face it alone. The Chauhans face things together.”

✦✧✦✧

Vritika who was frantically searching Dishank after he left home, found him sitting on a bench in an abandoned park near their house. She sighed in relief and quickly messaged Adhyan about their whereabouts and advised him to go home as she knew, the two of them wouldn't be returning home, well atleast not tonight.

She saw her husband sitting with a blank face and tears streaming down his eyes. All she could do was sit beside him, hug him and let him cry his pain out. And that is exactly what she did. She let him sob as much as he needed before he calmed himself down.

“Dishank!” she said as she felt his sobs slowing down. He looked at her with a lost expression which broke her heart.

Her husband who had always been so expressive and full of life, looking so lost as if someone had shattered his life; pained Vritika.

Seeing him so broken, Vritika was unsure how to proceed forward with the conversation. All she could think was her mother in law’s words about her father and the revelation of Dishank not being a Chauhan by blood.

Of course, she loved and trusted her father, but the fear of how she will face her husband if her father is really the reason for Dishank’s biological mother’s death was clawing at Vritika.

Keeping her thoughts of confronting her father to the bay, she said, “Dish, I informed Adi bhai about our whereabouts, so they won’t be worried. Also bhai told me to inform you, you ain’t alone. The Chauhans face it together.”

These words broke something in Dishank. Ofcourse his Adi bhai would use his words against him.

It was something Dishank used to say in their childhood, especially to Samay whenever they fought his bullies. Samay used to hide it from them and try and handle them his way and fail so when the elder brothers Dishank and Adhyan got to know about it, they took care of the situation and to avoid any such thing in the future, Dishank made sure to drill one thing into Samay’s tiny head. ‘The Chauhans face it together.’

“But mein Chauhan nai hu na, Vriti! I am a rapist’s son. Pankaj Sahu’s blood runs in my veins. Just an unfortunate child adopted by mumma papa…. I mean Mr and Mrs Chauhan!” he said breaking down once again.

Vritika was about to say something but was beaten to it by a third voice, “Dare you say that again Dishank Chauhan." Adhyan spoke with emphasis on his surname, Chauhan.

"You are a Chauhan and will always remain one. Do you really think chachu chachi adopted you as a charity case? Chachi ki jaan basti hai tujh mein Dishu. There she is lying in her room with high blood pressure, not ready to take medicines, waiting for her son and here you are questioning their love for you.” Adhyan spoke and their little sister Erisha continued, “Aapko kya lagta hai, just because you ain’t a Chauhan by blood, you aren’t our brother? You will always remain my favourite brother," and to lighten the mood, added "-just don’t tell this to Samay bhai.”

Vritika removed herself from her husband’s hug in order to let Adhyan and Erisha hug him. “Humara khoon ka rishta ho ya na ho, dil ka zaroor hai. Never believe you are alone, Chauhans are better together, remember?” Adhyan said as he wiped Dishank’s tears.  “Thank you!” Dishank whispered as he tightened the hug.

Before Adhyan could reprimand Dishank for thanking him, Erisha let out a scream and clutched onto Vritika's shoulder with one hand, the other holding onto her belly. The brothers were at a loss. She was joking a second ago and was in so much pain suddenly.

“As much as I like this moment, I think we have to leave for hospital now,” Erisha groaned and kept breathing consciously.

“But, kyu? Dish, are you hurt? Erisha kya hua hai? Hospital?” Adhyan asked to which Dishank shook his head in a no.

Before Adhyan could question further, Erisha yelled again, “Because my child is excited to meet its mamus. I think my water broke bhai. It is paining a lot.”

Vritika moved quickly, removing Erisha's hand off her shoulder and held it, to support her better and Adhyan ran to bring the car, while Dishank called the hospital.

“Eri bacha, calm down. Deep breaths sab theek hoga.” Vritika said as they settled in the backseat of the car.

“Bhabhi…I am just eight months pregnant! Why did I get early labors? Baby theek hoga na.” Erisha panted.

Vritika nodded and said, “Revati Bhabhi, had Reyansh at 7 months, see he is healthy and happy with us. Nothing is going to happen to you and the baby, this is normal. Tanveer is protecting you two from up there.  No more sadness, sirf khushiyaan aayegi.”

The wait after admitting Erisha to the hospital was killing the three. Adhyan had informed Revati and family about Erisha’s labour pains. 

It was almost midnight and Vritika was sitting on the bench outside the OT, when the doctor came out of the OT, “Congratulations, it’s a boy. Both mother and child are completely fine, you can meet them once they are shifted to the room.”

Vritika smiled with joy and thanked the doctor. She quickly prayed to the gods above and thanked them before calling Adhyan, Dishank who had gone to the cafeteria and then the rest of the family.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

Hey Guys,
Long time no see! Let's meet each other regularly for the remaining of the year?

Do suggest the name for Erisha and Tanveer /Tanish's son!!

Next up - The awaited SaHer love confession!

How's the update?

Do vote, comment and share!

Love,
Writer!