013, 𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐚

DEAR, EX

chris throws a stress ball at the ceiling and let's it fall back into his hand as he lays on his bed

chris throws a stress ball at the ceiling and let's it fall back into his hand as he lays on his bed. he's been doing this for twenty minutes, ever since jade, the girl from the party, gave it to him.

she thought he looked stressed, so she pulled the ball out of her purse and gave it to him.

"what's wrong with him?" jade asks nick, not even attempting to hide the fact that she's talking about him.

"he's upset because of scarlett wheeler." nick says.

jade scoffs. "that bitch?" she asks, and everyone, including chris, turns to her. everyone besides maia has a crude look on their face. "oh, i'm sorry. do we like her? i was saying that because i thought..."

"no, we don't like her." maia informs her.

"yes, we do." matt shoots back.

"matt, why are you getting so defensive over her?" maia asks.

"because she did nothing wrong?" he says.

"is nobody on my side here?" maia exclaims. "jade?"

"um.." jade backs away with a worried look on her face.

maia scoffs and turns away from her, facing liam.

"as i've said, i'm the only one who remained friends with everyone! i'm not allowed to choose sides no matter what i think."

"well what do you think?!" maia asks.

liam stares at her, then looks at nick, then chris, then matt. "i think that..." he sighs. he shouldn't say anything. "scarlett is in the wrong."

"what?" matt scoffs.

"yes! thank you!" maia exclaims.

"i agree!" nick says.

"yup." chris nods.

"i don't even know." jade shrugs with an exhale.

"matt why are you even defending her?" chris sits up.

matt stares at chris. he can't tell him scarlett's business like that! she'd get so upset. but chris deserves to know. "none of you know the full story." is all he says.

"oh, and you do?" nick asks.

"yes, you fucking idiot!" matt exclaims, turning to face nick. "i'm always the one she has to hug because she's crying. i've witnessed what she's gone through, and—"

"then why don't you tell us?!" nick exclaims, and matt sighs, looking down. "if there's some reasonable explanation as to why she's leading chris on and being a straight-up bitch lately, i'd like to know. we all would, especially chris."