Chapter x 9 [Book 1]

A week had passed. The day was coming up, and Killua had felt more anxious and nervous as the days passed.

"Come on, Killua, you can do this," Killua assured himself.

It was a Saturday night. Perfect weather, too. The stars were all out, and the moon lit up the whole sky.

It was warm, with a breeze.

The whole town was awake, everyone lively. Gon and Killua had headed into town for dinner. Once they were full, they decided to go around town for a bit.

Killua observed the people around. Some were chatting in large groups. Others were sitting by themselves, but having a good time.

But there were also couples around one restaurant, singing and dancing.

Everyone seemed so happy that night.

Seeing the people dancing, Killua was reminded of what he was going to do.

His heart leapt out of his chest. Killua stiffened up, and started sweating.

He took a deep breath and calmed himself down.

"Hey, Gon... there's something I wanted to show you," Killua told his friend.

"Oh, sure! What are you gonna show me?" Gon asked excitedly.

"It's a secret," Killua replied mysteriously.

Killua lead Gon over to the top of a building, where you could see the whole city from.

"Woah! It's... huge!" Gon said as he pointed around all the brightly lit towers.

"This is where I come if I'm feeling... emotional, I guess," Killua told his friend. "It's a place where I can... express my feelings."

Kurapika and Leorio were hiding behind a smaller building on the roof where Killua and Gon were currently standing.

"Alright, I'm interested in seeing what happens. I wonder if Gon will say y—" Kurapika was interrupted.

"Hmm. Yes, I'm quite interested too," Hisoka said.

"Hisoka?! How the hell did you get up here? And what are you doing here?" Leorio whispered aggressively.

"As I said, I am curious too. I am only here to observe," Hisoka said.

"Shh! They're talking and I can't hear them!" Kurapika shushed them.

"Killua, it's beautiful up here," Gon told the silver-haired boy.

"It's perfect, isn't it?" Killua asked.

"Yeah. Just perfect," Gon said.

"Gon?" Killua asked. "There's something I want to ask you."

"Okay, what is it?" Gon replied.

"Is there... anyone you really love? Like, someone you'd want to be with the rest of your life?" Killua asked his friend.

"What do you mean?" Gon asked back.

"Like... someone you'd want to marry one day. You'd be with them forever," Killua clarified. "Someone you love... more than a friend..."

"Well... I'm not sure..." Gon responded.

"Ah... okay," Killua said back.

Killua, his heart shredded into pieces, just nodded. He took Gon home, and lied in bed, tears silently falling.

"I should have never asked..." Killua thought.