Seductive Ambiguity romance novel (excerpt)

Divine was having her breakfast in the kitchen while reminiscing the beautiful evening spent with Lucas. She was accompanied by Lucky who was enjoying her meal too. Divine had a really good time the night before. She was happy to be in a relationship with Lucas.  She then heard the phone ringing and went to answer it.

“Hello?”

“Good morning, Divine! Rachel here!”

“Hello, Rachel!”

“How are you? I've just called you to let you know I left my daily planner at your place the day that I was there. I know that you are coming to the resort today. So would it be ok for you to bring it when you come?”

“Is your planner brown-colored, Rachel?”

“Yes.”

“I'm so sorry, Rachel, it seems like Lucky has been busy with it all night long.”

“Divine!” Rachel burst out. “Without it, I'm a dead person!”

“Well, there’s no need for that as I was just teasing you” Divine laughed.

“What a relieve! Divine, stop playing like that! Honestly, I really thought that I have lost my planner for good.”

“Ok Rachel, I will bring it to you when I get to the resort. That would be in about half an hour, ok?”

“Ok. Thank you, bye Divine!”

“Bye-bye!”

She placed the phone back at its place and then returned to the kitchen, finishing up her breakfast.

When she arrived at the resort, Divine was greeted respectfully by the doorman. She replied his greeting as she stepped inside. She immediately spotted Rachel at the reception desk and went towards her friend.

“Well, good morning again.” Divine smiled.

“I would kick your beautiful butt instead of a good morning” said Rachel, pretending to be still upset.

“Rachel, it was only a joke. I apologize if I upset you, I promise I won't do it again.”

“Well, all right. By the way, some flowers came for you about twenty minutes ago.” said Rachel, her gaze turned towards the red bouquet. “I have to go now; I’m required at the administration department. I'll be back before lunch time, all right?”

“Ok, Rachel, see you then” said Divine.

“Have a beautiful day!” Rachel said as she left.

Divine took the bouquet into her hands and smelled it. Hmm, wonderful! She saw a little note was tucked into the bouquet and read it,

Someone once said that nothing and no one goes beyond the beauty and purity of the roses. Little did the person know that somewhere in this world, there is a rose even more beautiful and sweet…You, Divine.

                                                       With love, Lucas.

This note excited Divine greatly, she felt like she wanted to scream out of joy. She was very happy. Looking over the note again, she took the phone and dialed Lucas's number.

“Hello?” He answered.

“Hello my darling. How are you?” Divine asked nervously.

“I'm very fine, princess, I’m enjoying your call, in fact. You’ve received the roses, I guess?”

“Yes, they are right here, in front of me.” said Divine. “They are very beautiful Lucas; I thank you for your gesture. I really appreciate it.”