26

𝐘/𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
"You sure you don't need anything?" Shota asked as I sat on the countertop, staring at the stick in my hand silently.

"Shota" "yeah?" "It's positive," I say, seeing the bathroom door swing open, Shota looks at me shocked.

"Really?" He asked as I showed him the test, the man looked shocked before looking at me as tears welled up in my eyes.

"Shit, it's gonna be okay Y/n, I-" "Shota I'm not upset, I-I just didn't think it would happen" I cried, remembering my surgeon had said my chances were low thanks to the specific method he used.

But now slight underlying worry had struck as I looked at Shota, the memories of when I first told Devon about Hailey.

I guess Shota had guessed what I was thinking about because he had placed a very soft and sweet kiss on my lips, letting it linger for a moment before pulling away.

"I'll stay by your side no matter what, I'm in love with you, more than I can even explain, and adding to this small beautiful family is like a blessing"

The man before me isn't anything like Devon, and it was in his eyes, his lips, and his gestures that I was able to see that he truly meant every word, making even more tears flow down my face as I kissed him.

"Mommy are you okay?" I heard Hailey say from the doorway, making me pull away from Shota.

"I'm okay Hailey, come here" I gestured, the little girl running over and hugging me.

Even with this news, I didn't wanna tell anyone just yet, knowing that I'd have to get a few medical evaluations and all of that stuff before anything else.

But for now, I savored the moment, a smile on my face as we left the bathroom and went into the living room where I had gotten a movie started before remembering something.

"I forgot I wanted to do this," I say, putting a sheet mask on Shota and myself, having to cut one in half to put onto Hailey since I had always talked about having a "spa day" with the two.

"Is it supposed to be this cold?" "Of course it is, and you wear face masks all the time" "I know but this one is colder than usual" Shota complained as I tried to ignore him despite his arms being wrapped around me currently.

"How does that feel?" I asked Hailey "cold" "mhm, that's what I said," Shota chimed "well it shouldn't be too cold after a bit, now let's watch a movie" and with that, we went into the living room to watch a movie, Shota grabbing snacks for us as we relaxed for the rest of the night.

꧁꧂
𝐈𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝐖𝗼𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝗼𝐮𝐧𝐭: 471