Chapter 1

"Hi. I'm Andrea Scarlette Loleya; you can call me Scarlette. My old school was from the province of Cavite." I introduced myself nervously as my classmates stared at me with curious eyes.

"Alright, next!" shouted my teacher, Mrs. Dominica.

I walked back to my seat and sat there in silence while listening to my classmates introduce themselves. Being a new student is more challenging than I expected. I assumed I would have friends by now, but I don't. I'm still not speaking to anyone here in the classroom.

Hays, I miss Cavite and my classmates there.

I knew I had to talk to someone so I have company during recess. I'm not going to be a loner during the break.

"Hi!" I approached this cute little girl with curly hair who seemed to be a nerd.

"Oh, hello!" she said with a wide smile.

"I'm Scarlette, and you're...?" I waited for her response. But I didn't get any.

"Wait, be right back," she quickly said and ran towards a girl who had just arrived.

They sat next to each other, far away from me. I assume she won't return anymore as she's preoccupied with the girl who just arrived. As soon as everyone finished their introductions, the bell rang. I still got no friends, so I went to the canteen and sat at a table by myself. I was eating in silence when a group of girls approached me.

"Hi! Are you a new student?" they asked.

"Hello! Yes, I am!" I smiled.

"Do you want to sit with us? What section are you in?"

"I'm from section A!" I happily answered.

"Oh, we're from B, and she's from C," the girl with the striped shirt said and pointed to her friend, whose hair was straight.

"That's nice!" I awkwardly smile.

"Come on, don't be awkward with us! We're going to sit na, ha?" the tallest girl asked, and I nodded.

They sat at the table I was sitting at and started eating with me. People around me kept looking at them, even those who were just passing by. That's when I figured, ah, they are "those" girls. I can't process that I just got approached by cool kids or famous girls. I wonder what their real intentions are.

"So, you are?" the girl asked gently.

"Scarlette and you guys are...?" I asked back.

"I'm Francheska, she's Anika, and that's Pearl" Francheska introduced the whole group as if she were the leader of their group, which, I think she really is.

"What does your father do-"

"Hey!" Pearl stopped Anika.

"It's okay. He's a doctor" I awkwardly said.

"Sorry, it's a normal question for us" Francheska smiled.

"No worries! I wasn't offended naman" I said when deep down, it was kind of off.

"Can we hang out all the time?" Anika offered.

"Sure, we can" I smiled. The vibe of this group is definitely off, but they're interesting! I want to get to know them more.

"Hey, babe" a senior approached Francheska and kissed her on the cheek. I'm guessing this dude is her boyfriend. He's tall, has a fit body, and it seems like he's an athlete.

"Oh, you have a new friend?" he asked while looking at me with confused eyes.

"Yup! Ryan, meet Scarlette, the new girl in the group!" Francheska chuckled.