~The Selection P1 (Kam)~ (the selection crossover)~

Hello everyone! For this one-shot, we have a KOTLC x The Selection crossover.

If you haven't read The Selection, it is a middle-grade series about a girl who competes with thirty-four other girls to win the prince's heart. In this series, Tam will be the prince in question, but he won't be falling in love with any of the thirty-five girls (duh).

I was scrolling on Tumblr today when I saw that @that-glasses-dog made a Kam fanfiction The Selection crossover. I did not read the fanfiction, but the title gave me the idea to make this one-shot. I just wanted to quickly clarify that the Kam/Selection crossover WAS NOT MY IDEA. If you're a fan of Kam and want more content about them, go to Tumblr and check them out.

If this turns into a series, the ships will be Kam, Linhella, Sophella, and single!Dex. I know, I know, you guys want Dex to be happy with Fitz. But I can't currently think of a way to add our favorite Wonderboy into the story without making it seem forced. Don't worry, I have many stories with background Fedex to binge ;).

VonToasty was the one who told me to write some Kam. Shoutout to them for bringing me back to supply a quick one-shot!

________________________________________________________________________________

✩Tam's POV✩

My twin sister, Princess Linh, was sad to go away the night before the time of the Selection.

Our parents wanted her out of the way. They didn't say it, but they thought we were too close. More specifically, they thought we were close enough to mutually hate our parents together. So for this "special time of my time" (their words, not mine), they shipped their daughter off to a tropical island just under a dormant volcano.

Linh didn't mind the curious choice of location. She was happy to be near the beach for a while, however long the Selection would take. She made me promise to not be too hasty in choosing so she could at least enjoy a good scuba diving expedition. Our parents didn't necessarily approve of their precious little princess swimming in trenches with hungry sharks, but they should've thought that through before choosing where Linh was going to spend her days.

If Linh liked something, I liked something. Correction: if Linh liked something, I put up with something. And she deserved to have fun. When I was done with the Selection, it was time for her to be shipped off with some rich guy from another country that treated women like dog shit on a sidewalk.

Needless to say, I was going to drag out the Selection as much as possible. Best case scenario, both my parents have spontaneous heart attacks and Linh gets to marry whoever she wants.

I remember the night of Linh's thirteenth birthday party clearly. I was resting in my room, reading a book, and she slammed the door closed behind her and burst into tears. I ran to her side, hugging her tightly, reassuring her that I was here.

"I'm here," I whispered to her over and over again. We both knew the second part of that sentence. Your parents aren't here, but I am.

For a young girl like Linh, that wasn't enough. It never would be. But it was what she had.

"I'm not normal," she sobbed into my shoulder, crying out the words repeatedly like a broken record. "I'm not normal, I'm not normal, I'm not normal," she chanted until she was too tired to say another verse.

Once she stopped crying, she collapsed on the bed and we stayed like that for another hour. She looked up at me with bloodshot silver-blue eyes, with the version of her that her suitors never saw, that our parents didn't want to see and that I was entrusted with seeing.