wait for u

Solana looked at the house in front of her and let out a sigh. A sigh of relief that she finally made it to her destination but also letting out her nerves that have bubbled up inside. She didn't know how all of this was going to go but could only hope it went in her favor.

She opened her door before taking a deep breath and opening the back door. As nervous and scared as she was, Solana still couldn't help but smile at the little face looking back at her.

"Where we go?"

Solana unbuckled the child from the booster seat before giving a soft smile, "I have to talk to someone very important, okay? Then I promise we'll get you ready for bed."

The almost four year old huffed before reaching out, making Solana pick the child up. She knew the four year old was sleepy but Solana was not going to leave the child in her car when they were in a neighborhood they had never been at before. Although it was a very quiet and high class neighborhood, Solana wasn't going to risk it.

Solana looked at the beautiful two story house in front of her and sucked in a deep breath as she closed the doors to her car. She walked up the path to the house before staring nervously at the front door.

It was so late at night – almost midnight but Solana has been on the road for so long that she couldn't wait any longer. She put the hood over the child's face before finally knocking on the door. When there was no answer she rang the doorbell before knocking once again.

Solana didn't want to keep knocking so just as she was gonna try one last time before giving up and coming back bright and early tomorrow, she heard the locks turning. She braced herself as it swung open but deflated when the person came into her view.

"Can I help you?"

Solana couldn't miss the agitation from the woman's voice, as she tried to ignore the narrowed eyes because she knew it was late. "Does Kentrell Gaulden live here?"

The woman crossed her arms against her chest, "I'm Iyanna, his wife. What do you need with my husband?"

Solana swallowed and tightened her hold on the four year old in her arms. She knew it was a possibility that she would have a run in with Iyanna but was hoping luck would be on her side.

"I – I really need to speak with Kentrell if that's possible, please." Solana made sure to keep her voice soft and calm in hopes that Iyanna would grant her what she asked for.

Iyanna let out a breath, "If you're here to tell me your child in your arms belongs to my husband, I really do not want to hear it. Please, get off my property before I call the police for trespassing."

Solana's heart was beating rapidly in her chest at Iyanna's words. "Please, I – I don't want to cause trouble, I promise. I just really need to talk to your hu–"

"I don't care," Iyanna hissed, stepping out of the doorway and closer to Solana. "It is almost midnight, our son is upstairs sleeping. My husband is sleeping. You are trespassing. Get off my property now, I don't care what you need to do."

Solana frowned but knew that she needed to go. She would try again tomorrow morning and hopefully wouldn't run into Iyanna again.

She turned around when headlights were pulling into the driveway. Solana didn't know who it was but was hoping it wasn't some sort of security coming to tell her to leave.

"If you don't leave right now, It's going to be very bad for you." Iyanna harshly whispered to her while pushing Solana forward to get her moving.

Solana tightened her hold and bit her bottom lip when she felt the four year old try to pick their head up. She softly put her hand against the back of their head and made sure their face was covered. She moved away from the front door as she slowly started the walk down the path.